Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild!
|Genre||Children's picture book|
|Published||2000 (Hodder Children's)|
|Media type||Print (hardback)|
A reviewer in the New York Times wrote "As always, Fox writes with a light touch" and called the illustrations "delicate", while Common Sense Media found it a "Simple story (that) isn't quite right for (its) target audience." The Horn Book Magazine wrote "A most successful team effort that is welcome for its acceptance of both a child's penchant for trouble and a parent's occasional outbursts-both happen, "just like that," and both will be forgiven."
- Heather Vogel Frederick (13 August 2000). "Books: Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild!". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- Jennifer Gennari. "Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild!". www.commonsensemedia.org. Common Sense Media Inc. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Harriet, you'll drive me wild". catalog.wccls.org. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild!". Kirkus Reviews. Kirkus Media LLC. 15 April 2000. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
Fox’s sympathetic tale reassures readers that mistakes and angry outbursts do not alter the loving relationship between parent and child. Frazee’s lively illustrations sparkle as each of Harriet’s little episodes is depicted in humorous detail.
- "Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild!". Publishers Weekly. PWxyz LLC. 3 April 2000. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
All this authenticity, however, adds up to something less than compelling--the book ultimately feels more like a parenting article than something children will clamor to hear and see again.
- "Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild". kcls.bibliocommons. Retrieved 22 May 2018.
- "Parents' Choice Awards: Books: Picture Books". parents-choice.org. Parents' Choice Foundation. Retrieved 22 May 2018.