Hard Ground is a 2003 western TV movie directed by Frank Q. Dobbs and starring Burt Reynolds and Bruce Dern. It is the last film directed by Dobbs. The cinematography was made by Maximo Munzi.
|Directed by||Frank Q. Dobbs|
|Music by||Joe Kraemer|
|Edited by||Jennifer Jean Cacavas|
- Burt Reynolds as John "Chill" McKay
- Bruce Dern as Sheriff Hutch Hutchinson
- Amy Jo Johnson as Elizabeth Kennedy
- Seth Peterson as Joshua
- David Figlioli as Billy Bucklin
- Martin Kove as Floyd
- Larry Hankin as Toothless
- Michael Shamus Wiles as Mundo
- Bill Henderson as Junior Gunn
- Sergio Calderón as General Jesus Navarro
- Randy Stripling as McMordy
- David Atkinson as Deputy Dunlap
- Edward Faulkner as Warden
- David S. Cass Sr. as Pike
- Frank Sharp as Tall man
- Shawn Patrick Nash as Outlaw
- Steve Cobbs as Prison guard
- Dennis Fitzgerald as Escort corporal
- Brad Heiner as Gunman
- Lance W. Lanfear as Mexican rebel
- Robert A. Nowotny as Cowpoke in cantina
- William Rick Young as Gunman
The Movie Scene said the film "does come up very short and at times the forced story elements makes it almost laughable."
- Roberts, Jerry (5 June 2009). Encyclopedia of Television Film Directors. Scarecrow Press. p. 134. ISBN 9780810863781.
- Albright, Brian (24 October 2012). Regional Horror Films, 1958-1990: A State-by-State Guide with Interviews. McFarland Publishing. p. 301. ISBN 9780786472277.
- Lentz III, Harris M. (7 May 2015). Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2014. McFarland Publishing. p. 251. ISBN 9780786476664.
- "Hard Ground (2003)". The Movie Scene. Retrieved 11 January 2021.