Happy New Year, Charlie Brown!
Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Happy New Year, Charlie Brown!|
|Created by||Charles M. Schulz|
|Written by||Charles M. Schulz|
|Directed by||Bill Melendez|
|Voices of||Chad Allen|
Elizabeth Lyn Fraser
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Lee Mendelson|
Charles M. Schulz
|Camera setup||Nick Vasu|
|Running time||28 minutes|
|Original release||January 1, 1986|
|Preceded by||You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown|
|Followed by||Snoopy!!! The Musical|
While all the kids are happy that they get time off for Christmas vacation, (somehow only) Charlie Brown is made to write a book report on War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. There is one major distraction on his mind, the big New Year's party all his friends are attending, with Peppermint Patty continuously convincing him to attend. Charlie tries inviting the object of his desires, the Little Red-Haired Girl, but gets his hand caught in the mail slot. With the party on his mind, he attempts to try to find another way to write the report, even going to a bookstore to find an audiobook and computer game of it, all to no avail. While at the party, he tries to finish the book on the front porch of the house, but falls asleep and misses the clock's striking of midnight but is more devastated to find out that Linus ended up dancing with the Little Red-Haired Girl, who showed up after all. In the end of the special, Charlie hands his book report to the teacher, and gets a D minus. Despite the poor grade, Charlie Brown is proud that he made an honest effort and avoided an outright failure. However, the teacher announces that the entire class will be made to read and report on Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment, overwhelming him even more.
It was re-released as part of the box set Snoopy's Holiday Collection on October 1, 2013.
- Some parts where Charlie Brown's voice is heard while reading "War and Peace".
- A scene in which Charlie Brown goes to a store to try to find a "War and Peace" product to replace reading the book.
- The final minutes.
Since 2010, it had been paired with She's a Good Skate, Charlie Brown.
- Chad Allen: Charlie Brown
- Jeremy Miller: Linus van Pelt
- Melissa Guzzi: Lucy van Pelt
- Kristie Baker: Peppermint Patty
- Elizabeth Lyn Fraser: Sally Brown
- Aron Mandelbaum: Schroeder
- Jason Mendelson: Marcie
- Bill Melendez: Snoopy and Woodstock
- Desirée Goyette: Singer ("Slow Slow Quick Quick")
- "Warner announces a new 6th October release for the Charlie Brown feature". DVDActive. Retrieved 2012-03-19.