Hampton Court Palace Festival
The Hampton Court Palace Festival also called Hampton Court Palace Music Festival is an annual musical event held in June which was established in 1993. The Festival is known for presenting artists across the music genres such as Sir Elton John, Kylie Minogue, Eric Clapton, Tom Jones, Andrea Bocelli, Frankie Valli, Van Morrison, Jools Holland, Liza Minnelli, James Morrison Buena Vista Social Club, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, José Carreras and Josh Groban. The concerts are held in the intimate and atmospheric open-air Base Court of the palace and continue a tradition of entertainment first introduced by monarchs and nobility in the 16th and 17th century. The event is held at Hampton Court Palace over 18 days and is run in conjunction with Historic Royal Palaces. Performances are held in the historic main courtyard of the Tudor Palace for an audience of 3,000 and all begin at 9pm apart from the final show (8.30pm). The events culminate in a Festival Finale with a programme of classical favourites and a firework display on the East Front Gardens.
|Hampton Court Palace Festival|
|Genre||pop, Classical, R&B, Mixed|
|Dates||6 Jun 2019 – 22 Jun 2019|
|Location(s)||Hampton Court Palace, UK|
In August 2010 PWR Events Limited were awarded the contract to promote and manage the festival.
- "Hampton Court Palace Festival". Royal Palace. Hampton Court Palace.
- "Evening Standard". Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- "Bryan Adams opens Hampton Court Palace Festival in style". News. Music-News. 9 June 2011. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "HRP". Historic Royal Palaces. Retrieved 19 March 2019.
- "EFestivals". Efestivals. Retrieved 19 March 2019.