Halo: Spartan Strike
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Halo: Spartan Strike is a twin-stick shooter video game set in the military science fiction Halo universe. The successor to Halo: Spartan Assault, the game was developed by 343 Industries and Vanguard Games. It was released for iOS, Windows, and Windows Phone on April 16, 2015. During gameplay, players assume the role of human supersoldiers known as Spartans in a series of war games simulating fictional historical events. Players are able to use all-new weapons, such as the Suppressor, Scatter Shot, Incineration Cannon, and Binary Rifle, as well as new armor abilities, such as the Bubble Shield, Airstrike, Proximity Mine, Teleport, and Shock Chain in the battlefield.
|Halo: Spartan Strike|
|Release||April 16, 2015|
Halo: Spartan Strike takes place after the events of Halo 4. The player character is a Spartan IV super soldier that leads UNSC forces against Covenant and Promethean enemies within a combat simulation set during the events of Halo 2 on New Mombasa, much like in Halo 3: ODST. After the first campaign, the player goes to Gamma Halo to stop Covenant forces from activating a device known as the conduit, but they fail, able to seize the device. Then the player takes the Conduit to a city being attacked by Prometheans and stops the battle.
Halo: Spartan Strike received mostly positive reviews from critics. Review aggregator Metacritic assigned the PC version a score of 66/100 based on 9 reviews and the iOS version a score of 86/100 based on 4 reviews. Another aggregator, GameRankings, gave the PC version a score of 70% based on 6 reviews and the iOS version a score of 86.67% based on 3 reviews.
- Callahan, John (April 16, 2015). "Halo: Spartan Strike is out for Windows Phone, Windows 8.1 and iOS [Update]". Windows Central. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "Halo: Spartan Strike | Games | Halo - Official Site".
- "Halo: Spartan Strike for PC Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 9, 2015.
- "Halo: Spartan Strike for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "Halo: Spartan Strike for PC". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved September 5, 2015.
- "Halo: Spartan Strike for iOS (iPhone/iPad)". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved September 5, 2015.