Halifax Media Group(Redirected from Halifax Media)
Halifax Media Group is a U.S. newspaper company owning more than 30 newspapers in five Southeastern U.S. States. It was founded on March 31, 2010 when a group of investors purchased The Daytona Beach News-Journal from the Davidson family, who had owned it for 82 years. On December 27, 2011, The New York Times Company announced it was selling its Regional Media Group to Halifax Media Group. On June 1, 2012, Halifax announced it was acquiring the Florida and North Carolina papers of Freedom Communications. In 2013, Halifax acquired three newspapers from HarborPoint Media: the Daily Commercial of Leesburg, Florida, the South Lake Press in Clermont, Florida and News-Sun of Sebring, Florida. In 2014, Halifax acquired the Telegram & Gazette of Worcester, Massachusetts. In November 2014, New Media Investment Group announced its acquisition of Halifax. The company was created with the assistance of Stephens Inc.
|Founded||Daytona Beach, Florida, United States March 31, 2010|
2339 Beville Road |
Daytona Beach, Florida 32119
Northwest Florida Daily News |
The Daytona Beach News-Journal
The Gadsden Times
The Gainesville Sun
Stephens Capital Partners |
Footnotes / references|
- Daily Commercial of Leesburg, Florida
- The Daytona Beach News-Journal of Daytona Beach, Florida
- The Gainesville Sun of Gainesville, Florida
- The Ledger of Lakeland, Florida
- News Chief of Winter Haven, Florida
- The News Herald of Panama City
- Northwest Florida Daily News of Fort Walton Beach
- Sarasota Herald-Tribune of Sarasota, Florida
- Star-Banner of Ocala, Florida
- Weekly newspapers:
- Crestview News Bulletin of Crestview
- The Destin Log of Destin
- Eglin Dispatch of Eglin Air Force Base
- Holmes County Times-Advertiser of Bonifay
- Hurlburt Warrior of Hurlburt Field
- News-Sun of Sebring
- Press Gazette of Milton
- South Lake Press of Clermont
- The Star of Port St. Joe
- The Times of Apalachicola
- The Walton Sun of Santa Rosa Beach
- Washington County News of Chipley
- The Dispatch of Lexington, North Carolina
- The Daily News of Jacksonville
- The Gaston Gazette of Gastonia
- The Free Press of Kinston
- Times-News of Hendersonville, North Carolina
- The Shelby Star of Shelby
- Star-News of Wilmington, North Carolina
- Sun Journal of New Bern
- Times-News of Burlington
- Weekly newspapers:
- "News-Journal Acquisition" (Press release). Halifax Media Group. 2010-03-31. Archived from the original on 2012-08-08. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- "The New York Times Company Agrees to Sell Its Regional Media Group to Halifax Media Holdings LLC" (Press release). The New York Times Company. 2011-12-27. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- "Contact Us - Halifax Media Group". Halifax Media Group. 2011. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- Halifax Media buys more Florida, North Carolina newspapers
- Halifax Media Group purchases three Florida newspapers
- Daytona Beach - Halifax Media Group November 2013 Florida Trend page 42
- Sutner, Shaun (2014-05-21). "Halifax Media of Florida to buy Telegram & Gazette". Telegram & Gazette. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "T&G's parent company is sold to New Media, parent of GateHouse Media". Worcester Telegram & Gazette. 2014-11-20. Retrieved 2014-12-21.
- "Halifax Media Group Closes Purchase of New York Times Company Regional Media Group" (Press release). Halifax Media Group. 2012-01-06. Archived from the original on 2012-09-18. Retrieved 2012-02-28.