Haapamäki is a village in the municipality of Keuruu, Finland. It is historically an important meeting point of major railway lines, which converge at Haapamäki railway station. It is 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) from Haapamäki to the center of Keuruu and 74 kilometres (46 mi) to the city of Jyväskylä. According to Statistics Finland, Haapamäki has 857 inhabitants (December 31, 2016), while according to the town of Keuruu, the population of the Haapamäki village area is about 1,500.
In Haapamäki, the basic services are: bank, pharmacy, grocery store, car repair shop, café, veterinarian, barber and flea market. Haapamäki has two small lakes, Lake Petäisjärvi and Lake Niemelänjärvi, as well as a few ponds. Haapamäki also has opportunities for fishing and snowmobile safaris.
- "Taajamat väkiluvun ja väestöntiheyden mukaan" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. December 31, 2016. Retrieved February 22, 2021.
- "Haapamäki". Villages of Keuruu (in Finnish). Town of Keuruu. Retrieved February 22, 2021.
- "Keuruun karttapalvelu" (in Finnish). Karttatiimi Oy. Retrieved February 22, 2021.
- "Yritysesittelyt ja julkiset palvelut". Haapamäki - höyryvetureiden ja rautateiden kehto (in Finnish). Haapamäen kyläyhdistys. Retrieved February 22, 2021.
- Media related to Haapamäki at Wikimedia Commons