The HTC Wildfire is a smartphone developed by the HTC Corporation, that was announced on 17 May 2010 and released in Europe in June of the same year. It is powered by a 528 MHz Qualcomm processor and runs the Android operating system, version 2.2. It includes an TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen and a 5-megapixel camera. It has been described as a "Mini HTC Desire", and is perceived to be a follow-up model to the previous year's Tattoo.
|Slogan||Bring your friends to you|
|Successor||HTC Wildfire S|
|Form factor||Candybar smartphone|
|Dimensions||106.75 (4.2) × 60.4 (2.4) × 12.19 (0.48) mm (in)|
|Mass||118 g (4.2 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 2.1 (Eclair) with HTC Sense Upgradable to 2.2 and 2.2.1 via HTC or 2.3.3 and 2.3.7 via CyanogenMod7 or CyanogenMod7.2. (Stable) or Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) via CyanogenMod 9. (Stable, camera working with the use of power button, No panoramic mode or Youtube)|
|CPU||Qualcomm MSM7225 528 MHz (Overclocked 768 Mhz)|
|Memory||512 MB ROM, 384 MB RAM|
|Removable storage||Supports up to 32 GB microSD|
|Battery||Li-ion 1300 mAh|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch with HTC Sense interface|
|Display||3.2 in (8.1 cm) TFT LCD QVGA 240 × 320 capacitive touchscreen|
|Rear camera||5 Megapixel autofocus with LED flash and Geotagging|
|Connectivity||Europe/Asia Pacific: HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz (A3333) or 850/2100 MHz (A3335) or 850/1900 MHz (A3334, also called "Wildfire A"); GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; Wi-Fi (802.11b/g); Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR;|
|Other||Proximity sensor, FM Radio, Facebook, Twitter, MS Exchange, compass, GPS, A-GPS, Google turn-by-turn navigation, Full Flash support enabled / FlashLite|
The HTC Wildfire S is a refresh version, which features many enhancements, including a screen with double the resolution of the Wildfire.
HTC announced in June 2010 that the HTC Wildfire was on their list of phones to receive the Android 2.2 "Froyo" update. The update to Android 2.2 includes support for USB tethering, enhanced bluetooth support, multiple keyboard languages, Wi-Fi hotspot tethering and more. However, live wallpapers and Adobe Flash Player support in the browser will not be supported.
A leaked build of Android 2.2 and 2.2.1 subsequently surfaced from China and Europe respectively, but with limited language support. It was modified and released by developers on the XDA Forums. In addition to this, several unofficial builds based on AOSP 2.2.1 and 2.3 have also surfaced on XDA.
On the morning of 20 December 2010, the 2.2 update was released as a modified build of the HTC Glacier's code. Many customers were surprised at the news, some previously so much as speculating that it would not appear, as the majority of Wildfire users had been waiting in anticipation for the update (heightened by limited news on the subject from HTC) since mid-2010.
Key software availabilityEdit
|Voice Search||Yes (requires download)|
|Photo Search||Yes (requires download)|
|Turn-by-turn GPS Navigation||Yes|
|Google Latitude (obsolete)||Yes|
|QR Code Reader||Yes (requires download)|
- "Keep Your Friends Close With HTC Wildfire". HTC. 17 May 2010. Retrieved 30 May 2010.
- "HTC Wildfire: Android-Handy für 280 Euro". Chip. 17 May 2010. Archived from the original on 22 May 2010.
- "Telenor - Udsolgt mobil". telenor.dk.
- Goss, Patrick. "Three will also offer HTC Wildfire in the UK". Techradar. Retrieved 30 May 2010.
- Reg, Hard (19 May 2010). "Operators line up to pitch HTC Wildfire". Reghardware.co.uk. Retrieved 30 May 2010.
- Fielding, Ross. "HTC Wildfire coming in August". Telstra Exchange. Retrieved 13 July 2010.
- HTC Wildfire 台灣大哥大獨家上市-U-CAR Archived 17 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- "Error". www.maxis.com.my.
- "AT&T Consíguelo". iusacell.com.mx.
- "Poll on Facebook".
- 2.2 for HTC Wildfire,
- HTC Announcement on facebook, Android 2.2 on Wildfire is scheduled to begin rolling out this week in Europe, reaching all areas of the world by February.
- "Index of /2010/12/20/froyo-2-2-update-for-htc-wilfire-is-released-in-time-for-christmas". heavenlyandroid.com.
- "HTC announces Android 2.2 updates for Legend and Wildfire handsets - TheINQUIRER". theinquirer.net.
- "Demand HTC Wildfire Receives Froyo 2.2 Update! - HTC Wildfire Android Heaven". heavenlyandroid.com.
- TechRadar - T-Mobile starts HTC Wildfire Android 2.2 Update - retrieved 24 February 2011
- HTCphones - HTC Wildfire 2.2 Three update now available - retrieved 24 February 2011