György Gedó (born 23 April 1949) is a retired Hungarian light-flyweight boxer. He competed in the 1968, 1972, 1976 and 1980 Olympics and won a gold medal in 1972. He was the European light-flyweight champion in 1969 and 1971. Gedó is Jewish.
|Born||23 April 1949 (age 71)|
|Height||162 cm (5 ft 4 in)|
1972 Olympic recordEdit
Below are the results of György Gedó, a Hungarian light flyweight boxer who competed at the 1972 Munich Olympics:
- Round of 32: defeated Surapong Sripirom (Thailand) by a third-round technical knockout
- Round of 16: defeated Dennis Talbot (Australia) by decision, 5-0
- Quarterfinal: defeated Volodymyr Ivanov (Soviet Union) by decision, 3-2
- Semifinal: defeated Ralph Evans (Great Britain) by decision, 5-0
- Final: defeated Kim U-gil (North Korea) by decision, 5-0 (won gold medal)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to György Gedó.|
- György Gedó. sports-reference.com
- Mike Silver (4 March 2016). Stars in the Ring: Jewish Champions in the Golden Age of Boxing: A Photographic History. Lyons Press. pp. 344–. ISBN 978-1-63076-140-0.