GFH Financial Group
|Traded as||BHSE: GFH|
|Headquarters||Bahrain Financial Harbour,|
|Hisham Alrayes (CEO)|
|Divisions||Wealth Management |
real estate investment
One of its most notable investments is a 25% stake in the UK Football League Championship club Leeds United  through their wholly owned subsidiary, Dubai-based GFH Capital, having initially acquired 100% ownership of the club from Ken Bates in December 2012. On 7 February 2014 GFH Capital announced that they had exchanged contracts for the sale of Leeds to Massimo Cellino's family consortium 'Eleonora Sport Ltd'. The deal saw the Cellino family acquire a 75% ownership of the club in April 2014 after winning an appeal against the Football League's decision initially to block the sale.
History of GFHEdit
GFH was established in the Kingdom of Bahrain in 1999 under a license granted by the Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB). Since its inception, GFH raised over US$5 billion of investments. The bank carries on its business activities in accordance with the principles of Islamic Sharia, including financial services investment and commercial transaction, negotiable financial instrument, real estate and infrastructure; in addition to structured finance, securities and liquidity management designed to achieve profitable returns for investors.
GFH was transferred to a Public Shareholding Company in 2004 with its shares being listed on the Bahrain Stock Exchange, Kuwait Stock Exchange and Dubai Financial Market. In 2007, GFH listed its GDR’s on the London Stock Exchange.
In November 2014, GFH released a new identity when it moved from being an investment bank to a financial group. The new name for the group was GFH Financial Group.
GFH's business lines cover aspects of financial services from financial and investments to commercial banking operations. GFH's range of activities are Real Estate Development, Commercial Banking, Wealth Management and Asset Management. GFH splits its asset management activities into two areas: Corporate Investment & Real Estate Investment.
GFH major investmentsEdit
- Royal Ranches Marrakech
- Energy City Qatar
- GFH Mumbai Economic Development Zone
- Energy City Libya
- Tunis Financial Harbor
- Bahrain Financial Harbour
- Khaleeji Commercial Bank (KHCB)
- Philadelphia Private School, Dubai
- Leeds United Football Club
- Cemena Investment Company
- Al Basha’er GCC Equity Fund
- Injazat Technology Fund
- Diversified US Residential Portfolio, USA
- 42 Queens Gate Gardens
- UK and Gulf Atlantic Real Estate, UK
- "GFH New Brand". Gulf Daily News. 22 Nov 2014.
- "Cellino given go-ahead to purchase Leeds United". Reuters. 5 April 2014.
- "Leeds United: GFH Capital completes takeover". BBC. 21 December 2012.
- "Leeds United: Massimo Cellino wins takeover appeal". BBC. 5 April 2014.
- "GFH New Branding". Gulf Daily News. Retrieved Nov 17, 2014.
- "Range of Activities" (PDF). Gulf Finance House. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Real Estate Development" (PDF). Gulf Finance House. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Corporate Investment Projects" (PDF). Gulf Finance House. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Real Estate Investment" (PDF). Gulf Finance House. Retrieved 14 July 2015.