Grettel Barboza (born September 6, 1956 in San José) is a Costa Rican sport shooter. She has been selected to compete for Costa Rica at the 2004 Summer Olympics, finishing thirty-fifth in the air pistol.
|Full name||Grettel Barboza|
|Born||6 September 1956|
San José, Costa Rica
|Height||1.67 m (5 ft 5+1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||82 kg (181 lb)|
|Event(s)||10 m air pistol (AP40)|
Barboza qualified as the 47-year-old lone shooter for the Costa Rican squad in the women's 10 m air pistol at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens. She had been granted an Olympic invitation for her country by ISSF and IOC, having registered a minimum qualifying score of 367 at the ISSF World Cup meet in Atlanta, Georgia, United States three years earlier. Barboza fired a lowly 368 out of a possible 400 to force a three-way tie with fellow Latin American markswomen Amanda Mondol of Colombia and triple Olympian Margarita Tarradell of Cuba for thirty-fifth place in the qualifying round, failing to advance further to the final.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Grettel Barboza". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 18 April 2020. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- "ISSF Profile – Grettel Barboza". ISSF. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- "Shooting 2004 Olympic Qualification" (PDF). Majority Sports. p. 10. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 July 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Sandí, Ileana (6 August 2004). ""Es un regalo del cielo"" ["It's a God's gift"] (in Spanish). Costa Rica: Al Día. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
- "Shooting: Women's 10m Air Pistol Prelims". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 15 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Lorenzo, Hárold (16 August 2004). "Grettel comparte honor latino" [Grettel receives Latin honors] (in Spanish). Costa Rica: La Nación. Retrieved 23 August 2015.