This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Greg McHugh (born 5 January 1980) is a Scottish actor and writer. He is the creator, writer and star of the BBC1 comedy series Gary: Tank Commander. He also played Howard in the Channel 4 comedy Fresh Meat.
|Born||5 January 1980|
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, writer, skateboarder|
Early life and educationEdit
McHugh attended St Peter's RC primary school and then St Thomas of Aquin's High School. He studied business at the University of Stirling and trained at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow. Initially, McHugh had intended to study sports science but found it too difficult.
McHugh played Josh Elvey in the TV movie Not Safe for Work.
In 2010 McHugh appeared in the episode "Don the Musical" of the English sitcom How Not to Live Your Life. He played Randy, a local actor of amateur dramatics who played the Tom Cruise character, Charlie Babbitt, in a musical version of Rain Man. He was in two 2010 episodes of Rab C. Nesbitt as Liam O'Hagan. The episodes were "Muse" and "Candy."
McHugh appeared on Red Nose Day 2011 reporting the fund-raising going on throughout Scotland for Comic Relief.
In 2013 McHugh appeared in the Channel 4 serial Dates.
From 6 December 2014 to 11 January 2015 McHugh starred as the character of Smee in the pantomime production of Peter Pan at the King's Theatre, Glasgow.
On 21 September 2016 McHugh made a secret guest appearance at the first "Andy Murray Live" event, a charity tennis exhibition event raising funds for UNICEF and the Glasgow-based charity, Young People’s Futures.
|2013||Bad Education||Bonehead||Appears in Christmas Special (S02E07)|
|2009–2012||Gary: Tank Commander||Gary McLintoch||(actor, writer)|
|2010||Rab C. Nesbitt||Liam|
|2014||The Feeling Nuts Comedy Night||Howard|
|2016-2017||The A Word||Eddie Scott|
|2018||A Discovery of Witches||Hamish Osborne|
|2014/15||Peter Pan||Smee||King's Theatre, Glasgow|
|2016/17||Gary: Tank Commander||Gary McLintoch||SSE Hydro, Glasgow|
|2017/18||Jack and the Beanstalk||Gary McLintoch||SSE Hydro, Glasgow|
|2019/20||Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs||Gary McLintoch||SSE Hydro, Glasgow|
- "Gary: Tank Commander, the Continuing Mission". BBC Scotland. 16 December 2010.
- Gilbert, Gerard (1 November 2013). "Fresh Meat's Greg McHugh on playing TV's weirdest student". The Independent. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- "Interview: Greg McHugh, comedian (Gary: Tank Commander)". The Scotsman. 11 January 2011.
- Christie, Janet (2 July 2016). "Interview: Greg McHugh on comic creation Gary: Tank Commander". The Scotsman. Retrieved 30 April 2017.
- "Attention! Gary: Tank Commander goes back to school". STV.
- Brocklehurst, Steven (4 December 2012). "Greg McHugh: The man behind Gary: Tank Commander". BBC News.
- Exley, Gemma (21 September 2011). "Holy Moly meets Greg McHugh from Fresh Meat and Gary: Tank Commander". Holy Moly!.
- "BAFTA Scotland Award Winners in 2008 - Awards - Scotland". BAFTA. 9 November 2008.
- "Christmas Special, Bad Education - BBC Three". BBC.
- "CHARITIES - Andy Murray Live". www.andymurraylive.com.
- "Greg McHugh: It can be good to ask what we think normal looks like". Sunday Post. 7 November 2017. Retrieved 23 November 2017.