Greg Kroah-Hartman (GKH) is a major Linux kernel developer. As of April 2013[update] he is the Linux kernel maintainer for the -stable branch, the staging subsystem, USB, driver core, debugfs, kref, kobject, and the sysfs kernel subsystems, Userspace I/O (with Hans J. Koch), and TTY layer. He also created linux-hotplug, the udev project, and the Linux Driver Project. He worked for Novell in the SUSE Labs division and, as of 1 February 2012[update], works at the Linux Foundation.
|Other names||Greg KH|
Kroah-Hartman is a co-author of Linux Device Drivers (3rd Edition) and author of Linux Kernel in a Nutshell, and used to be a contributing editor for Linux Journal. He also contributes articles to LWN.net, the Linux news site.
Kroah-Hartman frequently helps in the documentation of the kernel and driver development through talks and tutorials. In 2006, he released a CD image of material to introduce a programmer to working on Linux device driver development.
In April 2021, Kroah-Hartman announced the decision to ban the University of Minnesota from contributing to the Linux kernel and to revert all prior patches from the university after researchers intentionally inserted bugs in an unauthorised penetration test.
- "Leading Kernel Maintainer Greg Kroah-Hartman Joins The Linux Foundation". Linux Foundation. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "Linux kernel Maintainers file". git.kernel.org. Archived from the original on 2013-01-13. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Greg Kroah-Hartman (2007-09-27). "Linux Driver Project Kickoff". Kroah.com. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- KH, Greg (2012-02-20). "What Greg Does". Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- "O'reilly: Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition". Oreilly.com. Retrieved 2014-12-21.
- "O'reilly: Linux Kernel in a Nutshell". Oreilly.com. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- Greg Kroah-Hartman (2006-07-23). "Linux Symposium: Keynote by Greg Kroah-Hartman, myths, lies, and truths about Linux kernel development". Kroah.com. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "O'reilly Net: Current State of the Linux Kernel". Conferences.oreillynet.com. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "O'Reilly Net: Write A Real, Working Linux Driver". Conferences.oreillynet.com. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- Linux Symposium: Write a real, working Linux driver tutorial
- "Linux DDK". Debian.org. 2006-05-24. Retrieved 2012-04-05.
- Bhartiya, S (13 May 2016). "Greg KH: Update to Linux Kernel 4.6 for New Security Features". Linux.com. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Portal:Tumbleweed – openSUSE". en.opensuse.org. 6 June 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "University Banned From Contributing To Linux Kernel For Intentionally Inserting Bugs". Phoronix. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
- Sen, Sayan. "Linux bans University of Minnesota for sending buggy patches in the name of research". Neowin. Retrieved 2021-04-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Greg Kroah-Hartman.|
- Greg Kroah-Hartman's blog
- Greg Kroah-Hartman's Linux page
- List of articles written by Greg Kroah-Hartman in Linux Journal
- List of articles written by Greg Kroah-Hartman in LWN
- Greg Kroah-Hartman's HOWTO article on Linux kernel development
- Linux Driver Project
- Video with Greg Kroah-Hartman at Hannover Industry Trade Fair, Germany, May 2008
- Greg Kroah-Hartman Linux Plumbers Keynote (video)