The word Greffe refers to the records kept by the Greffier or the department of government under the Greffier's management.
The Judicial Greffier is the clerk or Registrar of the Royal Court and the other courts of the Island. The Greffier also carries out some of the administrative functions of the Royal Court, for example registering doctors.
The greffiers are responsible for the records of the courts. A judicial document is not valid without a greffier's signature. They also have some responsibilities for evidence.
- Greffier at Wiktionary
- Greffe at Wiktionary
- "Royal Court records". BBC. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "About the States Greffe". States of Jersey. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Non executive and legal departments: Judicial Greffe". States of Jersey. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "Royal Court". Jersey Courts. Archived from the original on 4 August 2012. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- "Non executive and legal departments: States Greffe". States of Jersey. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- See any of the Propositions on the States website.
- "Greffier: Les fonctions". Ministère de la Justice (in French). Retrieved 9 January 2015.