Greenbrier Christian Academy
|Greenbrier Christian Academy|
311 Kempsville Road
|Founder||H. Ron White|
|Grades||P3 - 12|
|Color(s)||Blue and orange|
|Rival||Atlantic Shores Christian|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
H. Ron White created GCA after serving in many education positions. After an informal informational meeting about starting a new school drew 180 participants, White set forth in creating the Chesapeake area's only Christian school without official ties to a local church. The school started by sharing space with the Bible Broadcasting Network and soon moved into its own building. In 1994, the school, along with three other schools, decided to leave the Metro Conference for the Tidewater Conference of Independent Schools. In 1995, the school expanded again by opening a pre-Kindergarten through 7th grade lower school.
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Rardon, Candace. "History of GCA". Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Cuthrell, Trudy. "SUFFOLK CHRISTIAN WILL OPEN THE SCHOOL,". p. 10. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "Gary Lee Independent Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- "Player Bio: Patrick Nichols". odusports.com. Retrieved 2017-03-23.
- "Josh Rupe Statistics and History | Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2017-02-03.
- "Melvin Upton Stats | Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2017-02-03.
- "Eddie Butler Stats | Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 2017-02-03.