This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Graphic Era Deemed to be University (formerly Graphic Era Institute of Technology) is an institute of higher education in Clement Town, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. The university was founded as 'Graphic Era Institute of Technology' in 1993. In 2008 it was accorded the status of Deemed to be University.
|Graphic Era Institute of Technology (GEIT)|
|Motto||Transforming Dreams Into Reality|
|Type||Deemed to be University|
|Chancellor||Prof. (Dr.) R. C. Joshi|
|President||Prof. (Dr.) Kamal Ghanshala|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Lok Man S. Palni|
|Affiliations||UGC, AIU, NAAC, MHRD.|
Graphic Era was founded in 1993 and started with undergraduate programs in core engineering and allied sciences. In 2008 the institute was accorded the status of Deemed University. In 2015 Graphic Era was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with grade ‘A’.
Recognition and accreditationEdit
- Deemed university status under General Category August 14, 2008 See: Ministry of Human Resource Development, GOI, Notification F, 9-48/2007 U-3(A) Under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956.
- Accredited by National Assessment Accreditation Council (NAAC) with grade 'A'.
- As of the 6 June 2018, it is the only private university in the state of Uttarakhand to have obtained an approval from AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
The university now offers 37 undergraduate and postgraduate courses across disciplines like engineering and technology, management, allied sciences, humanities and social sciences, and hospitality. GEU has six schools:
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Computer Application
- School of Management Studies
- School of Hotel Management and Hospitality
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Commerce
Graphic Era has a training and placement department, the Corporate Resource Cell, which works towards the fulfillment of the students' aspirations of attaining the best professional career. Campus placement drives attract multinational organizations like Accenture, WIPRO, Infosys Technologies, Cognizant, Tata Consultancy Services, Josh Technology, Samsung Software Labs, L&T Infotech Ltd., IBM, Aon Hewitt HCL Technologies, Tech Mahindra Ltd., Indian Army, Indian Navy. Approximately 1400 placements were recorded in academic session 2016–2017.
The students have been from B.Tech. (Computer Science, Electronics and Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Instrumentation and Control, Information Technology and Mechanical branches), MCA, MBA, MSc IT, and M.Tech. Many of the students have taken up teaching as a profession and have been placed as lecturers with engineering colleges in the state of Uttarakhand and neighboring states.
- Robot Research Initiative (RRI)
- Chatham University, USA
- University of California, Riverside Extension, USA (UCR)
- Astrakhan State University, Russia
- South-West State University, Russia
- Nahda University, Egypt
- Chechen State Pedagogical Institute, Russia
- European Regional Educational Academy, Armenia
- California State University, San Bernardino, California USA
- University of Worcester, UK
- Sheffield Hallem, University
- Polytech Nantes
- UFA State Petroleum Technological University Bashkortostan, Russia
- Republic of Iraq
- Ufa State Aviation Technical University (USATU), The Republic of Bashkortostan, Russia
- Birmingham City University, UK
- Iraqi Cultural Attaché, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Universite de Haute-Alsace, France
- Hochschule Fulda - University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Education for Advancement, Florida, USA
- College de Paris, France
- "University". www.ugc.ac.in. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- "National Assessment and Accreditation Council". kar.nic.in. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Accreditation List". web5.kar.nic.in. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- "Government of India, All India Council for Technical Education -". www.aicte-india.org. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- Era, Graphic. "Admission". www.geu.ac.in.
- "Scholarship of Graphic Era University". CollegeSearch.in.
- "Graphic Era courses offered". geu.ac.in. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Placement Drives in GEU". geu.ac.in. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "Placement Records". geu.ac.in. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- Era, Graphic. "GEU International Tie-ups with Colleges". www.geu.ac.in. Retrieved 15 June 2017.