Grand Power s.r.o. is a Slovak defence supplier specializing in the design and manufacturing of firearms and tactical components such as sound suppressors. The company is based in Banská Bystrica.[3]

Grand Power s.r.o.
Company types.r.o.
Founded2002; 22 years ago (2002)[1]
FounderJaroslav Kuracina
Area served
Key people
Jaroslav Kuracina[2] (CEO)
ProductsFirearms, ammunition, accessories
ServicesImport, export, trade, manufacturing
Number of employees

The company exports almost 95% of its production. The remaining 5% are sold in Slovakia.[4]

Grand Power is the manufacturer of the K100 pistol, known by their rare rotating barrel locking system.[5]

The Grand Power STRIBOG is under evaluation by the US Army.[6]

The Stribog AP9 A3S variant was submitted to be evaluated for the US Army's Sub Compact Weapon (SCW) program. However, Stribog eventually lost to the Brugger and Thomet APC9K.[7]

See also edit

References edit

  1. ^ "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2019-03-25. Retrieved 2019-03-25.{{cite web}}: CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
  2. ^ "Jaroslav Kuracina Inventions, Patents and Patent Applications - Justia Patents Search". Retrieved 8 April 2019.
  3. ^ "Grand Power - History". 7 October 2010. Archived from the original on 7 October 2010. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
  4. ^ "Company Profile".
  5. ^ "Modern Firearms - K-100 Grand Power pistol". 6 April 2008. Archived from the original on 6 April 2008. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
  6. ^ "FIRST LOOK: Global Ordnance's Sub Compact Weapon Entry -". 18 September 2018. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
  7. ^ "Back in the Saddle Again Subcompact Guns—Protecting Army Senior Leaders – Small Arms Defense Journal".

External links edit