Grand Canyon West is a census-designated place (CDP) in Mohave County, Arizona, United States, located on the Hualapai Reservation. The population was reported as 0 at the 2020 census. Grand Canyon West is home to the tribe's Grand Canyon business operations, including the Grand Canyon West Airport and the Grand Canyon Skywalk. Typically, they are open from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., including all holidays.
Grand Canyon West, Arizona
|• Total||17.60 sq mi (45.59 km2)|
|• Land||17.19 sq mi (44.52 km2)|
|• Water||0.41 sq mi (1.07 km2)|
|Elevation||4,737 ft (1,444 m)|
|• Density||0.00/sq mi (0.00/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
|GNIS feature ID||2582791|
Grand Canyon West is located in northern Mohave County at South Rim) of the Grand Canyon at an elevation of 4,700 to 4,800 feet (1,400 to 1,500 m). The CDP extends east into the canyon as far as the Colorado River, at an elevation of 1,200 feet (370 m). The CDP is served by Diamond Bar Road, which leads southwest 20 miles (32 km) to County Highway 25 near Meadview. According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 17.6 square miles (46 km2), 17.19 square miles (44.5 km2) of that being land, with the remaining 0.41 square miles (1.1 km2) consisting of water.(35.999787, -113.810249). The CDP sits on the west side (equivalent to the
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the 2010 census, there were 2 people living in the CDP, both male. 0 were 19 years old or younger, 0 were ages 20–34, 0 were between the ages of 35 and 49, 1 was between 50 and 64, and the remaining 1 was aged 65 and above. The median age was 70.5 years.
There were 2 households in the CDP, both non-family households (100%), with an average household size of 1.00. Both non-family households adult males living alone.
The CDP contained 19 housing units, of which 2 were occupied and 17 were vacant.
- "2021 U.S. Gazetteer Files: Arizona". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved May 23, 2022.
- "Feature Detail Report for: Grand Canyon West Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- "P1. Race – Grand Canyon West CDP, Arizona: 2020 DEC Redistricting Data (PL 94-171)". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved May 23, 2022.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder: Grand Canyon West CDP, Arizona". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved November 21, 2016.
- "2020 CENSUS - SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP: Mohave County, AZ" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2022-01-24.