This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Red Hot Chili Peppers|
|from the album The Getaway|
|Released||April 4, 2017|
|Red Hot Chili Peppers singles chronology|
On April 14, 2017, Chad Smith announced on Twitter that the band would be shooting the video that night at their show in Atlanta and for fans to "wear something colorful". The video for Goodbye Angels was released on May 9, 2017 and is directed by Thoranna Sigurdardottir also known as TOTA and stars Klara Kristin.
The video switches between a storyline following a girl's night and live footage of the band. Initially, the girl is partying with friends in a parking lot, and soon she has to outrun a security guard and she steals a bike to pedal to a show. When she arrives, she steal someone's beer, and encounters Anthony Kiedis, Chad Smith, and Flea backstage. She briefly makes out with another woman in a toilet to get a pill from her pocket, then watches the rest of the show. By the end, she finds herself crying alone as crew members clear the empty arena.
"Goodbye Angels" made its live debut on July 10, 2016 at the band's T in the Park headlining set in Scotland. The song has regularly been performed on the band's The Getaway World Tour and mostly has been performed to open the encore and followed by "Give It Away" which closes their shows.
In other mediaEdit
"Goodbye Angels" is featured in the May 2017 preview commercials for second season of the television series Animal Kingdom.
Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Anthony Kiedis – lead vocals
- Josh Klinghoffer – guitar, backing vocals
- Flea – bass
- Chad Smith – drums, percussion
- Brian "Danger Mouse" Burton – synthesizers
- Beverley Chitwood – choir
- Alexx Daye – choir
- David Loucks – choir
- Kennya Ramsey – choir
- Matthew Selby – choir
- SJ Hasman – choir
- Loren Smith – choir
- Gregory Whipple – choir
- "Future Releases on Alternative Radio Stations, Independent Artist Song Releases | ..." All Access. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
- Chad Smith [@RHCPchad] (14 April 2017). "Wear something colorful tonite Atlanta! Shooting Goodbye Angels video" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Christopher, Michael. "Red Hot Chili Peppers Take a Rebellious Adventure With 'Goodbye Angels' Video". Loudwire.
- Blistein, Jon. "Watch Red Hot Chili Peppers' Heavy 'Goodbye Angels' Video". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Dionne, Zach. "RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS 'GOODBYE ANGELS' VIDEO IS ONE WILD AND CRAZY NIGHT". fuse. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Goodbye Angels". RHCP Live Archive. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Red Hot Chili Peppers Chart History (Alternative Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
|This 2010s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|