Good Morning Beautiful (song)
"Good Morning Beautiful" is a song written by Zack Lyle and Todd Cerney, and recorded by American country music artist Steve Holy. It was released in July 2001 as the fourth single from the album Blue Moon. The song slowly became a major hit, reaching No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart on February 2, 2002. The song's five-week reign atop the chart was part of a 41-week chart run.
|"Good Morning Beautiful"|
|Single by Steve Holy|
|from the album Blue Moon|
|Released||July 16, 2001|
|Producer(s)||Wilbur C. Rimes|
|Steve Holy singles chronology|
Featured in the movie Angel Eyes, "Good Morning Beautiful" was initially released as a cut from the movie's soundtrack. Following the song's chart success, "Good Morning Beautiful" was added to later presses of Holy's debut album Blue Moon.
"Good Morning Beautiful" debuted at number 53 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the chart week of July 28, 2001. The song topped Billboards Hot Country Songs chart for five consecutive weeks, beginning the week of February 2, 2002, spending a total of 41 weeks on the chart. For more than four years, it represented the only No. 1 hit for Holy, whose other songs had failed to peak any higher than No. 24 on the Country chart. That distinction ended when Holy released "Brand New Girlfriend" in 2006, which became his second No. 1 single.
|US Billboard Hot 100||29|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||84|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||4|
Nathan Carter, a Country 'n Irish artist covered the song on his 2015 album Beautiful Life. A music video was also released featuring Carter singing the song and playing the piano while a couple are dancing in the background.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 244. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Morris, Edward (25 August 2006). "Holy resurfaces with "Brand New Girlfriend"". CMT. Retrieved 13 April 2010.
- "Steve Holy Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved February 8, 2011.
- "Steve Holy Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved February 8, 2011.
- "Billboard Top 100 – 2002". billboardtop100of.com. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "Best of 2002: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2002. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- NathanCarterVEVO YouTube channel: Nathan Carter - Good Morning Beautiful