Golf at the 2016 Summer Olympics – Women's individual
The women's golf tournament at the 2016 Summer Olympics placed at the Olympic Golf Course (Portuguese: Campo Olímpico de Golfe), built within the Reserva de Marapendi in the Barra da Tijuca zone, between 17 and 20 August 2016. It was the first women's golf tournament at the Olympics since 1900.
at the Games of the XXXI Olympiad
View of the Olympic Golf Course in Barra da Tijuca, the venue of the women's golf tournament.
|Venue||Olympic Golf Course|
|Dates||17–20 August 2016|
|Competitors||60 from 34 nations|
|Winning score||268 (−16)|
|Golf at the
2016 Summer Olympics
Sixty players played four rounds of stroke play. The field included 57 professionals and three amateurs.
|North America (7)||South America (4)||Europe (27)||Oceania (3)||Asia (16)||Africa (3)|
|Canada (2)||Brazil (2)||Austria (1)||Australia (2)||China (2)||Morocco (1)|
|Mexico (2)||Colombia (1)||Belgium (1)||New Zealand (1)||Chinese Taipei (2)||South Africa (2)|
|United States (3)||Paraguay (1)||Czech Republic (1)||Hong Kong (1)|
|Denmark (2)||India (1)|
|Finland (2)||Japan (2)|
|France (2)||Malaysia (2)|
|Germany (2)||South Korea (4)|
|Great Britain (2)||Thailand (2)|
Wednesday, 17 August 2016
|T2||Kim Sei-young||South Korea||66||−5|
|Inbee Park||South Korea|
|T4||Nicole Broch Larsen||Denmark||67||−4|
|Candie Kung||Chinese Taipei|
|Charley Hull||Great Britain|
|Lexi Thompson||United States|
Thursday, 18 August 2016
Inbee Park of South Korea shot a second straight round of 66 to take the lead at 10-under-par, 132. Stacy Lewis of the United States shot the low round of the day, an 8-under-par 63, to climb to second place, one stroke behind Park. First round leader Ariya Jutanugarn of Thailand shot an even-par 71 to drop to a tie for 8th.
|1||Inbee Park||South Korea||66-66=132||−10|
|2||Stacy Lewis||United States||70-63=133||−9|
|Charley Hull||Great Britain||68-66=134|
|T5||Nicole Broch Larsen||Denmark||67-68=135||−7|
|Candie Kung||Chinese Taipei||67-68=135|
|Chun In-gee||South Korea||70-66=136|
|Gerina Piller||United States||69-67=136|
Friday, 19 August 2016
Inbee Park of South Korea maintain her lead by shooting a 1-under-par 70. Lydia Ko shot the low round of the day, a 6-under-par 65 to move into a tie for second place with American Gerina Piller. First round leader Ariya Jutanugarn withdrew after 13 holes with a knee injury.
|1||Inbee Park||South Korea||66-66-70=202||−11|
|T2||Lydia Ko||New Zealand||69-70-65=204||−9|
|Gerina Piller||United States||69-67-68=204|
|T5||Chun In-gee||South Korea||70-66-72=208||−5|
|Charley Hull||Great Britain||68-66-74=208|
|Amy Yang||South Korea||73-65-70=208|
|Stacy Lewis||United States||70-63-76=209|
|Paula Reto||South Africa||74-67-68=209|
Saturday, 20 August 2016
- "Ariya Jutanugarn leads as women's golf returns; Inbee Park 1 back". ESPN. Associated Press. 17 August 2016.
- "Women's Individual Stroke Play – Round 1". rio2016.com. Archived from the original on 17 August 2016. Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- "Inbee Park leads by 1 shot over Stacy Lewis in women's golf". ESPN. Associated Press. 18 August 2016.
- "Women's Individual Stroke Play – Round 2". rio2016.com. Archived from the original on 27 August 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Women's Individual Stroke Play – Round 3". rio2016.com. Archived from the original on 27 August 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- Harig, Bob (19 August 2016). "Ariya Jutanugarn withdraws from golf tournament in Round 3". ESPN.