This article does not cite any sources. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Goldplated is an eight-part drama series from World Productions which made its debut on Channel 4 on Wednesday 18 October 2006 at 10.00pm. It follows self-made businessman John White (played by David Schofield), as he struggles to complete a business deal that could be compromised by past indiscretions. Similarly to The Sopranos (which the show has been compared to) White's personal life is intertwined with his business life. He lives with his partner Cassidy, who is half his age, and their son, while in the process of divorcing his wife Beth (Barbara Marten). His oldest son Darren is his business partner, while his other two children with Beth also feature. Kenny Doughty also stars in 4 episodes as Cassidy's love interest.
Despite a massive promotional effort that included a nationwide poster campaign featuring giant Gold Credit cards across Great Britain the drama fared poorly in the ratings, drawing only 1.4 million viewers for its opening episode.
- Over 50 per cent of the filming takes place in The Borough of Macclesfield in Cheshire on the edge of the Pennines, in Northern England.
- Alderley Edge, Cheshire as Alderley Edge
- Brasingamens Pub, Alderley Edge, Cheshire as the Nightclub
- Over Alderley National Trust, Cheshire as various
- Knutsford, Cheshire
- De Vere Mottram Hall, Mottram, Macclesfield, Cheshire
- Mere Country Golf Club, Knutsford, Cheshire
- Hale Barns, Cheshire