Gojko Johansen Barjamovic is Senior Lecturer on Assyriology at Harvard University. He is a specialist in the political and social history of Assyria in the 2nd and 1st millennia BC, and particularly trade and the development of early markets. He has also worked on absolute dating and the chronology of the Ancient Near East. He was a member of the team that used statistical methods to interrogate the records of ancient merchants found at Kültepe/Kanesh near the modern Turkish city of Kayseri to locate the probable location of ancient cities.
- A Historical Geography of Anatolia in the Old Assyrian Colony Period (2011).
- Ups and Downs at Kanesh (2012), co-authored with T. Hertel and M.T. Larsen.
- Problems of Canonicity and Identity Formation in Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia (2016). (Editor with Kim Ryholt).
- Integrated Tree-Ring-Radiocarbon High-Resolution Timeframe to Resolve Earlier Second Millennium BCE Mesopotamian Chronology (2016). Sturt Manning, Carol B. Griggs, Brita Lorentzen, Gojko Barjamovic, Christopher Ramsey, Bernd Kromer and Eva Maria Wild.
- Trade, Merchants, and the Lost Cities of the Bronze Age (2017). Gojko Barjamovic, Thomas Chaney, Kerem Coşar and Ali Hortaçsu.
- "Gojko Barjamovic". NELC (Department of Near Eastern languages and civilizations), Harvard University. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- G. Barjamovic; T. Hertel; M.T. Larsen (2012). "Ups and Downs at Kanesh. Chronology, History and Society in the Old Assyrian Period". PIHANS Volume 120 Chronology, History and Society in the Old Assyrian Period. (Old Assyrian Archives, Studies, Volume 5). ISBN 978-90-6258-331-7. ISSN 1571-5728. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- A Historical Geography of Anatolia in the Old Assyrian Colony Period. Press.uchicago.edu. Museum Tusculanum Press. 2011. ISBN 978-87-635-3645-5. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Barjamovic, Gojko; Ryholt, Kim (2016-04-24). Problems of Canonicity and Identity Formation in Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia. Press.uchicago.edu. ISBN 9788763543729. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Manning, Sturt W; Griggs, Carol B; Lorentzen, Brita; Barjamovic, Gojko; Ramsey, Christopher Bronk; Kromer, Bernd; Wild, Eva Maria (13 July 2016). "Integrated Tree-Ring-Radiocarbon High-Resolution Timeframe to Resolve Earlier Second Millennium BCE Mesopotamian Chronology". PLOS ONE. 11 (7): e0157144. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0157144. PMC 4943651. PMID 27409585.
- Barjamovic, Gojko; Chaney, Thomas; Coşar, Kerem; Hortaçsu, Ali (November 2017). "Trade, Merchants, and the Lost Cities of the Bronze Age". NBER Working Paper No. 23992. doi:10.3386/w23992.
- "Gojko Barjamovic - Harvard University - Academia.edu". Harvard.academia.edu. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|