This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2021)
Go for the Throat is the tenth studio album recorded by the English rock band Humble Pie and the second with the new lineup including, guitarist and vocalist Steve Marriott, drummer Jerry Shirley, American bassist Anthony "Sooty" Jones and vocalist and guitarist, Bobby Tench from The Jeff Beck Group. Marriott also brought in backing vocalists Marge Raymond, Dana Kral and Robin Beck, once again looking for a more authenthic and refined R&B sound and feel. Go For The Throat was released by Atco in 1981 and the new version of "Tin Soldier" reached #58 in the US single charts. A promotional tour started but was curtailed after Marriott damaged his hand and shortly afterwards suffered from a duodenal ulcer.
|Go for the Throat|
|Studio album by|
|Genre||Rock, hard rock, blues rock|
|Humble Pie chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
The band toured the album after it had been released. At the beginning of the tour, earlier scheduled appearances by the band were delayed and later Marriott became ill, forcing the cancellation of all further tour dates. Soon afterwards Humble Pie disbanded, after Go For The Throat they were dropped by their record label due to contractual differences.
- "All Shook Up" (Otis Blackwell, Elvis Presley) 2:40
- "Teenage Anxiety" (Marriott) 4:44
- "Tin Soldier" (Marriott, Ronnie Lane) 3:09
- "Keep It on the Island" (Marriott, Shirley) 3:54
- "Driver" (Marriott) 3:19
- Steve Marriott – guitar, harmonica, keyboards, vocals
- Bob Tench – guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Anthony "Sooty" Jones – bass, vocals
- Jerry Shirley – drums, percussion
- Robin Beck – vocals
- Maxine Dixon – vocals
- Dana Kral – vocals
- Gary Lyons – producer
- "Go for the Throat - Humble Pie | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- Cross, Charles R. (2004). "Humble Pie". In Brackett, Nathan; Hoard, Christian (eds.). The New Rolling Stone Album Guide (4th ed.). Simon & Schuster. pp. 398. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.
- Rollingstone. George-Warren and Romanowski, Patricia. The Rolling Stone encyclopedia of rock & roll. Fireside. p. 452.
- Steve Marriott - All Too Beautiful... p. 248.
- Muise, Dan. Gallagher, Marriott, Derringer & Trower. Hal Leonard Corporation. p. 148.
- Hewitt; Hellier. Steve Marriott - All Too Beautiful... p. 248.
- "Go for the Throat - Humble Pie | Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- Steve Marriott - All Too Beautiful.... Paolo Hewitt and John Heller. Helter Skelter Publishing (2005). ISBN 1-900924-44-7
- George-Warren and Romanowski, Patricia. The Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll. Fireside (2001). Digitized Dec 21 (2006)
- Muise, Dan. Gallagher, Marriott, Derringer & Trower: Their lives and music. Hal Leonard Corporation (2002). ISBN 978-0-634-02956-1