GoMedia is a British company which supplies a management system which delivers entertainment packages including featuring films to travelers on trains and coaches including on Eurostar trains. The system also gives real-time travel information. Rather than using a monitor on the seat in front of the passenger, it uses the passenger's own device ("Bring Your Own Device" or BYOD) such as mobiles and tablets. It uses the vehicle's own Wi-Fi rather than the passenger's independent mobile network for on-board infotainment.
|Type||Broadcast, mobile and OTT solutions|
|Industry||Media & Telecoms|
|Headquarters||Kings Cross, London, England|
|Matt Seaman (Chief Executive)|
Roger Matthews (Managing Director)
|Products||Onboard entertainment service, Video on demand, Pay TV using BYOD, Live Journey Information Services|
Their BEAM management system is the first app of its kind in the UK, and is used across Virgin West Coast and East Coast. The films available include Independence Day: Resurgence, which formed the foundation of Virgin Trains’ BEAM launch at Euston Station, London in late 2016. TV box sets from BBC Worldwide, cartoons, games, digital newspapers and magazines are also offered. The free on-demand entertainment provided includes films, catch-up TV, box sets, cartoons, games, newspapers and magazines. A tracker app also shows the train's exact location. GoMedia has its own encoding and offline DRM service offering.
GoMedia launched on the following operators:
- c2c Vista
- Greater Anglia Stream
- London Northwestern Railway Loop Wi-Fi
- National Express VUER
- West Midlands Railways Loop Wi-Fi
- Companies House extract company no 9587265 GoMedia Services Limited
- www.railwaygazette.com; Entertainment on demand provided on Virgin Trains services; 09 Jun 2016; accessed 18 August 2016
- "GoMedia acquired by Icomera". Broadband TV News.
- "Now showing… onboard entertainment and WiFi launched across Eurostar's new fleet". Eurostar.
- "VIRGIN TRAINS TO LAUNCH ENTERTAINMENT APP FOR PASSENGERS". Independent.
- "Free onboard Wi-Fi and top entertainment content launches for c2c passengers". c2c.
- "UK railway news round-up". Railway Gazette.
- "National Express launch VUER - the UK's first coach infotainment system". National Express Group.
- "Free Wi-Fi & On Board Entertainment Loop". West Midlands Railways.
- "Chiltern Railways launch Chil.tv". Rail Advent.
- "Greyhound selects GoMedia, Icomera for on-board entertainment solution". Metro Magazine.
- "CUSTOMERS CAN NOW WATCH FILMS AND TV SERIES FOR FREE ONBOARD". TPExpress.
- "New passenger information and entertainment system for SBB trains". Railway Pro.
- "South Western Railway to rollout on-board entertainment to passengers". Global Railway Review.
- "GoMedia 'California dreamin' with the Capitol Corridor". Rail Business Daily.
- "ZIPAIR set to launch with focus on onboard service". Inflight Online.