Glendale Transportation Center(Redirected from Glendale (Amtrak station))
Glendale Transportation Center is an Amtrak and Metrolink rail station in the city of Glendale, California. It is served by the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner intercity rail route and the Metrolink Ventura County Line and Metrolink Antelope Valley Line commuter rail routes.
The Glendale Transportation Center building
|Location||400 West Cerritos Avenue|
|Owned by||City of Glendale|
|Line(s)||SCRRA Valley Subdivision|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Connections||Greyhound, Glendale Beeline, Metro Local, Metro Rapid|
|Passengers (2017)||55,032 5.03% (Amtrak)|
Glendale Southern Pacific Railroad Depot
|Location||Glendale, California, USA|
|Architect||Maurice Couchot & Kenneth MacDonald, Jr.|
|Architectural style||Mission Revival—Spanish Colonial Revival|
|NRHP reference #||97000376|
|Added to NRHP||May 2, 1997|
Originally known as the Glendale Southern Pacific Railroad Depot, it was built by the Southern Pacific Railroad in the Mission Revival and Spanish Colonial Revival architectural styles in 1923. It had replaced the Atwater Tract Office dating from 1883. The city bought the depot from Southern Pacific in 1989 and acquired adjacent properties to create an intermodal center. Restoration of the historic building and the construction of other elements of the intermodal center cost approximately $6 million.
This section does not cite any sources. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Metro Local: 94, 180, 181, 183, 603
- Metro Rapid: 780, 794
- Glendale Beeline: 1, 2 and Express routes 11, 12
The station also serves as a stop for Greyhound Lines buses, but only when passengers are ticketed to or from here, because there is no longer an office. The future plan for this stop, concerning tickets, is to have passengers go and buy tickets elsewhere or online. There is no longer a Greyhound ticketing kiosk here.
- SMA Rail Consulting (April 2016). "California Passenger Rail NETWORK SCHEMATICS" (PDF). California Department of Transportation.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Willman, Martha L. (December 12, 1991) "Council Eyes Scaled-Down Transit Center : Transportation: Officials lean toward cutting the cost of railroad depot project by $1 million. The new proposal would reduce parking space for cars and buses." Los Angeles Times
- Great American Stations. Accessed February 7, 2013.
- Media related to Glendale Transportation Center at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak California Station Info Page
- Glendale at the Metrolink website
- Greatamericanstations.com—Great American Stations: Glendale Station (GDL)