Glen Brand (3 November 1923 – 15 November 2008) was an American wrestler and Olympic champion in Freestyle wrestling. He was a raised in Clarion, Iowa and a graduate of Iowa State University. He was a three-time All-American for the Cyclones with an overall record of 54-3, earning a reputation as a fierce competitor and pinner. He was the first ISU athlete named to The Des Moines Register Sports Hall of Fame.
|Men's freestyle wrestling|
|Representing the United States|
Glen Brand Wrestling Hall of Fame of IowaEdit
The "Glen Brand Wrestling Hall of Fame of Iowa" began in 2002 and honors people connected to wrestling and Iowa. It is part of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum in Waterloo, Iowa, which is operated by the Dan Gable International Wrestling Institute and Museum. The National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum, should not be confused with the National Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
- "1948 Summer Olympics – London, United Kingdom – Wrestling" Archived 2007-12-08 at the Wayback Machine databaseOlympics.com (Retrieved on 13 September 2008)
- "Glen Brand Wrestling Hall of Fame announces Class of 2011". National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum website. Dan Gable International Wrestling Institute and Museum. Archived from the original on 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Glen Brand". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 2012-11-04.
- Glen Brand at United World Wrestling
- Glen Brand at Olympedia
- Glen Brand at Iowa Sports Hall of Fame