Giselli Monteiro (born 16 November 1988) is a Brazilian former model and Bollywood actress. She made her film-debut playing "Harleen Kaur" in the 2009 Bollywood film Love Aaj Kal, directed by Imtiaz Ali.
|Born||16 November 1988|
Espirito Santo, Brazil
|Agency||Inega Model Management|
Early life and careerEdit
Monteiro was born in Espirito Santo, Brazil. She started her modeling career at the age of seventeen and has travelled to Italy, Germany, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand and Philippines. She came to Mumbai, India in 2008. She began her acting career in Bollywood, portraying the role of the old-fashioned Punjabi girl, Harleen Kaur, in Imtiaz Ali's Love Aaj Kal which also stars Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone. She was purposely kept under wraps during the film's promotion. Following the film's release, her identity was revealed, and it was also revealed that she had approached Ali through designer Anaita Shroff Adajania to audition for the role of Jo, Saif Ali Khan's Caucasian girlfriend in the second half of the film, but, on his wife's suggestion Ali took her for Harleen's part, especially since he had not been able to cast for that role despite auditioning girls from all over India. She was featured on the covers of Indian edition of Harpers Bazaar, ELLE, Marie Clarie and Femina.
On 23 May 2010 Giselli appeared on the Fantástico broadcast by Rede Globo in her home country, Brazil speaking about Mumbai. She next appeared in Always Kabhi Kabhi, a film under the Red Chillies Entertainment banner that released on 17 June 2011. Lately she appeared on Westside, the chain of Fashion retail stores' new brand campaign Advertisement starting September 2011.
After a successful career in modelling Giselli quit after 3 films altogether in 2014 to pursue architecture at the University of Vila Velha, in Espirito Santo, Brazil. According to her she never intended to be in films, and studying architecture was her passion that she wanted to pursue.
|2009||Love Aaj Kal||Harleen Kaur||Nominated: Star Screen Awards Most Promising Newcomer|
|2011||Always Kabhi Kabhi||Aishwarya Dhawan|
- "Giselli aaj, Harleen kal". The Telegraph. India. 12 August 2009. Retrieved 12 August 2009.
- "Love Aaj Kal's Punjabi kudi 'Harleen' is actually Brazilian model Giselle Monteiro". Bollywood Hungama. 3 August 2009. Archived from the original on 6 August 2009.
- "Giselle´s Life". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 2 August 2009.
- ""Saif isn't even aware about my fees for Love Aaj Kal" – Imtiaz Ali". Bollywood Hungama. 30 July 2009. Archived from the original on 2 August 2009.
- "Kissa Kudis Ka".. Mumbai Mirror (2009-08-02). Retrieved on 2012-06-29.
- Giselli Monterio lights up the S/S'10 Campaign. imagesfashion.com (2010-04-23).
- Movil Mobiles eyes 5000 shops in southern India. Business-standard.com (2010-03-04). Retrieved on 2012-06-29.
- Giselle Monteiro new face of PC Jewellers. Extramirchi.com (2009-09-27). Retrieved on 2012-06-29.
- Fantástico – Todos os programas – NOTÍCIAS – Mumbai tem residência mais cara do mundo e maior favela da Ásia. Fantastico.globo.com (2010-05-24). Retrieved on 2012-06-29.
- "Love Aaj Kal star Giselli Monteiro quits Bollywood". 7 June 2014.
- Review: Laaga Chunari Mein Daag Movie Review (Laga Chunari Mein Daag / Dag). Indicine.com (2007-10-12). Retrieved on 2012-06-29.