He lived and worked in Bologna, becoming a notable citizen.
Born in Bologna in a family of lawyers, he led his studies in his hometown, in Ferrara where he graduated in 1455, and in Parma where he completed his Ph.D. He taught Logic and other disciplines in Bologna for the rest of his life.
- "Manfredi, Girolamo (1430 - 1493) in CERL Thesaurus".
- Azzolini, Monica. "Review of "Mai sotto Saturno: Girolamo Manfredi, medico e astrologo" by Tommaso Duranti". Renaissance Quarterly. 63: 643–644. doi:10.1086/655293.
- "MANFREDI, Girolamo. Dizionario Biografico degli Italiani - Volume 68 (2007). By Anna Laura Trombetti".
- "Notizie degli scrittori bolognesi, raccolte da Giovanni Fantuzzi".
- "Girolamo Manfredi's Il Perché. By Antònia Carré and Lluís Cifuentes".