Kenneth Robert Wilson, better known by his stage name Ginger Fish, is an American drummer primarily known for playing drums for Marilyn Manson from 1995–2011. Like Marilyn Manson, which combines the names of an iconic beauty with a serial killer, his name combines those of Ginger Rogers and Albert Fish.
|Birth name||Kenneth Robert Wilson|
|Born||Framingham, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Genres||Industrial metal, alternative metal|
Ginger Fish was born Kenneth Robert Wilson in Framingham, Massachusetts, to a musical family. He has two brothers, one older and one younger, both married. His father toured with Frank Sinatra and his mother was a dancer. Due to his parents' careers, Wilson travelled a lot during his childhood but spent a considerable amount of time in Las Vegas and graduated from Chaparral High School.
Ginger is most notable for being the longtime drummer for Marilyn Manson but has played drums for his own band Martyr Plot, and guest appearances with Powerman 5000 on their album Tonight the Stars Revolt!. In 2011, Ginger Fish joined Rob Zombie on drums for the February US Warm up tour dates while regular drummer Joey Jordison was in the UK with his own band the Murderdolls. As Rob Zombie said on his website: "Ginger is helping us out with some warm up gigs before we rejoin with Joey Jordison over in England for our next tour."
Since 2010, Ginger has also been doing a number of VJ DJ sets at various clubs around the US.
On February 23, 2011, Ginger Fish announced his departure from Marilyn Manson via Facebook and Twitter: 'I am regretful to inform the fans that I have decided to step down as a member of Marilyn Manson, and see where my life, and the knowledge of my availability cares to take me . I can't stand by to watch opportunities pass me by simply because the knowledge of my availability wasn't clearly expressed by me . I wish my brothers well, and I expect nothing but great things from them . Sincerely, Ginger Fish'.
On April 22, 2011, Ginger was announced as the permanent drummer for Rob Zombie.
Since April 29, 2012, Ginger is married to model and artist Violet Morphine. As of 2020, Rosie Wilson aka Violet Morphine is dating Jack Tankersley of The Murderdolls & Wednesday 13
- Smells Like Children (1995)
- Antichrist Superstar (1996)
- Remix & Repent (1997)
- Mechanical Animals (1998)
- The Last Tour on Earth (1999)
- Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) (2000)
- The Golden Age of Grotesque (2003)
- Lest We Forget: The Best Of (2004)
- The High End of Low (2009)
- Marilyn Manson: Coma White (1999)
- Rob Zombie: Ging Gang Gong De Do Gong De Laga Raga (2015)
- Rob Zombie: The Zombie Horror Picture Show (2014)
- "Marilyn-Manson-Schlagzeuger verlässt die Band". Rock Hard (in German). February 24, 2011. Retrieved March 13, 2021.
- "Marilyn Manson Drummer Injured at Concert". Lakeland Ledger. November 29, 2000. Retrieved February 4, 2010.
- "A label whether it fits or not". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. December 23, 1998. Retrieved February 4, 2010.
- "Another New Zombie?". Spookshow International. February 7, 2011. Retrieved February 7, 2011.
- Santiago, Brianna (June 19, 2015). "13 celebrities you didn't know graduated from L.V. high schools". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- "Kenneth Wilson". Facebook. Archived from the original on July 29, 2012. Retrieved October 15, 2011.
- "ROB ZOMBIE Announces New Drummer". Retrieved April 22, 2011.[permanent dead link]