Ginette Bucaille (née Jucker; 25 January 1926 – 19 January 2021) was a tennis player from France. She reached the singles final at the 1954 French Championships in which she was defeated by Maureen Connolly in straight sets. She reached the quarterfinals in 1953 and 1955. Bucaille reached the third round of the singles event at the Wimbledon Championships in 1950 and 1954. In the doubles event she reached the third round in 1954 and 1956 and in the mixed doubles she made it to the fourth round in 1954 with Neale Fraser and in 1955 with Jean Borotra.
|Full name||Ginette Bucaille Jucker|
|Born||25 January 1926|
|Died||19 January 2021(aged 94)|
|Highest ranking||No.10 (1954)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|French Open||F (1954)|
|Wimbledon||3R (1950, 1954)|
|Grand Slam Doubles results|
|Wimbledon||3R (1954, 1956)|
|Grand Slam Mixed Doubles results|
|Wimbledon||4R (1954, 1955)|
In July 1954, Bucaille met Connolly in the finals at the Irish Championships in Dublin, and again Connolly won in straight sets. With compatriot Nelly Adamson she reached the doubles finals of the 1954 Italian Championships.
In April 1955 she won the singles title at the International Championships of Paris.
Grand Slam finalsEdit
Singles (1 runner-up)Edit
|Loss||1954||French Championships||Clay||Maureen Connolly||4–6, 1–6|
- Collins, Bud (2008). The Bud Collins History of Tennis: An Authoritative Encyclopedia and Record Book. New York, N.Y: New Chapter Press. pp. 103–104, 394–395, 723. ISBN 0-942257-41-3.
- "Wimbledon players archive – Ginette Bucaille (Jucker)". AELTC.
- G.P. Hughes, ed. (1955). Dunlop Lawn Tennis Annual and Almanack 1955. London: Ed. J. Burrow & Co. Ltd. p. 231.
- G.P. Hughes, ed. (1956). Dunlop Lawn Tennis Annual and Almanack 1956. London: Ed. J. Burrow & Co. Ltd. pp. 221, 225.
- Maureen Connolly's Victory Over Ginette Bucaille At The French Open At Roland Garros In 1954 (Getty Images)