Gimme Some Neck
Gimme Some Neck is the third solo album by English musician Ronnie Wood, released in 1979. It was a minor hit and his best performance on the US charts to date, peaking at number 45 on Billboard during a 13-week chart run. The album artwork features illustrations drawn by Wood, with his self-portrait in the centre of the front side.
|Gimme Some Neck|
|Studio album by|
|Released||20 April 1979|
|Recorded||January–March 1978 at Pathé Marconi Studios, Paris, France; October–December 1978 at Cherokee Studios, Los Angeles, California|
|Producer||Roy Thomas Baker|
|Ronnie Wood chronology|
To tour the United States in support of the album, Wood formed the New Barbarians with musicians including Keith Richards, Ian McLagan and Bobby Keys, all of whom contributed to the recording. The Landover concert from this tour was recorded and released as Buried Alive: Live in Maryland in 2006.
|Christgau's Record Guide||B–|
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
All tracks composed by Ronnie Wood except where noted.
- Ronnie Wood – lead vocals, guitar, pedal steel, bass
- Mick Jagger – backing vocals
- Keith Richards – guitar, backing vocals
- Dave Mason – guitar
- Robert "Pops" Popwell – bass
- Charlie Watts – drums
- Jim Keltner – percussion
- Mick Fleetwood – drums on "Seven Days"
- Ian McLagan – keyboards
- Swamp Dogg aka Jerry Williams – piano, backing vocals
- Harry Phillips – piano
- Bobby Keys – tenor saxophone on "Don't Worry"
- Jon Lind – backing vocals
- Geoff Workman – engineer
- Tony Lane – design
- Ronnie Wood – paintings
Studio and road crewEdit
- Royden "Chuch" Magee
- Gary Schultz
- Ernest Cain Salgado
- Johnny Starbuck
- Ruhlmann, William. "Ron Wood Gimme Some Neck". AllMusic. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Christgau, Robert (1981). "Consumer Guide '70s: W". Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies. Ticknor & Fields. ISBN 089919026X. Retrieved 22 March 2019 – via robertchristgau.com.
- Graff, Gary; Durchholz, Daniel (eds) (1999). MusicHound Rock: The Essential Album Guide. Farmington Hills, MI: Visible Ink Press. p. 1246. ISBN 1-57859-061-2.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- Marsh, Dave; Swenson, John (eds) (1983). "Gimme Some Neck". The New Rolling Stone Record Guide. New York, NY: Random House/Rolling Stone Press. p. 557. ISBN 0-394-72107-1. Missing or empty
|url=(help)CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link) CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
|This 1970s rock album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|