|Operating system||Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile|
GetJar was started by developers for developers in 2004 as an app beta testing platform. The platform started making free apps available in early 2005.
As of early 2015, the company provides more than 849,036 mobile apps across major mobile platforms including Java ME, BlackBerry, Symbian, Windows Mobile and Android and has over 3 million downloads per day. GetJar allows software developers to upload their applications for free through a developer portal. In June 2010, about 300,000 software developers added apps to GetJar resulting in over one billion downloads. In July 2011, GetJar had over two billion downloads.
- "GetJar names new CEO as US drives growth", Mobile Apps Briefing
- GetJar, an early app store maker, has been acquired Om Malik. Feb. 11, 2014.
- GetJar offers non-smartphone owners app ability, USA Today
- [m.getjar.mobi/ GetJar Mobile - The Worlds Biggest Open App Store]. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- GetJar smartphone app shop closes in on a billion downloads, The Independent