Gerardo Vera Perales (10 March 1947 – 20 September 2020) was a Spanish costume and set designer, opera director, actor, and film and theatre director.
Gerardo Vera Perales
10 March 1947
|Died||20 September 2020 (aged 73)|
Miraflores de la Sierra, Madrid, Spain
Vera was born in Miraflores de la Sierra on 10 March 1947. He studied English Language and Literature in the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, and Theatre in the University of Exeter. He was the director of the Centro Dramático Nacional (national theatre of Spain) from June 2004 to December 2011.
He directed these films:
- La otra historia de Rosendo Juárez (1990)
- Una mujer bajo la lluvia (1992)
- La Celestina (1994)
- Second Skin (2000)
- Deseo (2003)
He won a Goya Award for Costume Design in 1986 for the film El amor brujo, by Carlos Saura, and a Goya Award for Best Art Direction for The Girl of Your Dreams, directed by Fernando Trueba. In 1988, he was awarded the Spanish National Theater Prize.
- P. Gil (21 September 2020). "Muere Gerardo Vera, creador total de teatro y cine, a los 73 años" (in Spanish). El Mundo. Archived from the original on 21 September 2020.
- Centro Dramático Nacional. About the CDN. Access 2012-01-10.
- Lincoln Center Festival 2007. Program History. Access 2012-01-10.
- Premio Nacional de Teatro / Premiados. Official website of the Spanish ministry of Culture, Artes Escénicas y Música. Access 2012-01-10.