Gerard Cowley-Tuioti (born Gerard Tuioti-Mariner; June 16, 1992) is a New Zealand rugby union player who currently plays as a lock for North Harbour in New Zealand's domestic Mitre 10 Cup and the Blues in the international Super Rugby competition.
|Full name||Gerard Tuioti-Mariner|
|Date of birth||16 June 1992|
|Place of birth||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Height||196 cm (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||112 kg (247 lb; 17 st 9 lb)|
|School||Massey High School|
Kelston Boys' High School
|Rugby union career|
Cowley-Tuioti first played provincial level rugby in New Zealand in 2014, turning out 5 times for North Harbour. He became a regular starter the following year, playing 10 times and then played a significant role in Harbour's successful 2016 campaign which saw them promoted from the Championship to the Premiership for 2017. Cowley-Tuioti played in all 12 games during the season, 11 of them from the start, and scored 1 try.
After just a season and a half's experience at national provincial championship level, Cowley-Tuioti was named in the Blues squad ahead of the 2016 Super Rugby season. The step up proved a tough one and he could only muster a solitary appearance from the replacements bench against the Brumbies during his debut campaign at that level. Despite this, his continued good form at domestic level with North Harbour ensured that Blues coach Tana Umaga retained him in his squad for 2017.
Super Rugby StatisticsEdit
- As of 23 November 2016
- "Gerard Cowley-Tuioti North Harbour Player Profile". Harbour Rugby. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Gerard Cowley-Tuioti itsrugby.co.uk Player Statistics". itsrugby.co.uk. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Tuioti-Mariner earns Blues contract". New Zealand Herald. 30 September 2015. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "Gerard Cowley-Tuioti Blues Player Profile". Blues Rugby. Retrieved 23 November 2016.
- "Blues 2017 Squad Guide" (PDF). All Blacks.com. Retrieved 3 November 2016.