George William Kekewich
Family and educationEdit
Civil service careerEdit
He was an Examiner in the Education Department, 1867–71, and a Senior Examiner, 1871-90. He was Secretary to the Education Department from 1890–1900. During this time he gave his support to Julie Schwabe, Claude Montefiore, William Mather and others who were establishing Froebelian education. He was Secretary also of the Science and Art Department from 1899–1900. He was knighted (KCB) in 1895. He was Secretary of the Board of Education from 1900–03.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "E" (part 2)
- Evelyn Lawrence (16 May 2012). Friedrich Froebel and English Education (RLE Edu K). Routledge. pp. 31–. ISBN 978-1-136-49215-0.
- Who's Who
- The Popular guide to the House of Commons. 1906. p. 78. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Vincent, John Russell (1984). The Crawford papers: the journals of David Lindsay, twenty-seventh Earl of Crawford and tenth Earl of Balcarres. Manchester University Press ND. p. 96. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Works by or about George William Kekewich at Internet Archive
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Sir George Kekewich
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Sir Edgar Vincent
| Member of Parliament for Exeter
|This article about a Liberal Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom representing an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|