|Broadcast area||Asia, UK and Africa|
|Headquarters||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
|Picture format||4:3 (576i)|
|Geo News Live||Watch Live|
|Geo News Live Stream||Watch Live|
The Geo Television Network started out with the launch of its flagship channel Geo TV in October 2002 but has since launched several other channels which include the following: GEO TV Entertainment, GEO News, GEO Kahani, GEO Super (Sports), and GEO Tez (News, Drama & Comedy).
Several times the channel was criticised for peddling PPP-P AND PML-N government propaganda.
Criticism and BanEdit
"Geo News" and Geo's Newspaper "The Daily Jang" have been criticised in Pakistan for publishing misleading and unrealistic statistical data, and for content accusing and defaming Pakistan and Pakistan's military, mostly publishing biased content favoring the PDM Government of Pakistan that came into power following a Regime Change Operation led by Shahbaz Sharif. Geo has also been denounced for working to publish content against Pakistan's armed forces and most notably, for supporting false propaganda against former Prime Minister Imran Khan. In Pakistan, Geo has been maligned by viewers for publishing 'Anti-Pakistan' News with nearly the exact same headlines and content as Indian Platforms, which has led many to speculate that the "Jang Media Group" or Geo is an Indian-funded organization responsible for depicting a negative image of Pakistan to its viewers. Geo has lost 80% of its viewership in Pakistan and globally supposedly due to being discredited for publishing provokative content, deemed unreliable. On 7 June 2014, Geo News was banned by Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA), a government media regulatory organization, for 15 days along with a fine of PKR 10 million. The government of Pakistan accused the channel of defaming the country's military and misleading the viewers.
Geo news came under severe criticism when its owner stated publicly that he is running a business. Imran Aslam, an executive of Geo Network said, "This is an attempt to financially cripple the organization into submission." The news channel owner has also been summoned by the court in the past on the issue of non-payment of employee salaries.
Notable hosts and analystEdit
- Aik Din Geo Kay Sath with Sohail Warraich
- Aaj Shahzeb Khanzada Kay Sath
- Aapas ki Baat (Mon–Thurs 11:05pm)
- Capital Talk
- Geo Pakistan Morning Show
- Hasna Mana Hai
- Jirga with Saleem Safi
- Naya Pakistan
- Report Card (talk show)
- SCORE (Mon-Fri 5:30pm)
- 1 Say 2
- Alif (2002)
- Aaj Kamran Khan Kay Saath (2002–2014)
- Bazaar (2002-2012)
- BNN (2011–2015)
- Burka Avenger
- Geo Shaan Say (2012-2013)
- Geo Ajooba (2010-2013)
- Geo Dost (2007-2014)
- Geomentary (2007-)
- Geo F.I.R (2005 - 2015)
- Hum Awam (2011–2014)
- Lekin (2011-2018)
- 50 Minutes (2002 - 2012)
- Awam Ki Adalaat (2011 - 2013)
- Aik Din Geo Ke Saath (2002)
- Wasu Aur Mein (2012)
- Jawab Deyh (2003 - 2013)
- Newsroom (2014 - 2015)
- Meray Mutabiq with Shahid Masood
- Match Box
- The Sportsman Show (2016)
- Crisis Cell (2009 - 2012)
- Choraha (2009 - 2012)
- Jugnu (2015 - 2016)
- Foreign Affairs (2002 - 2006)
- Aalim Online (2002 - 2016)
- GEO LIFESTYLE (2005 - 2007)
- Hum Sub Umeed Se Hain (2007 - 2015)
- Ruff-Ruff, Tweet and Dave
- Gulraiz Khan (5 May 2013). "Blurred vision: Where is Pakistani television headed?". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 21 November 2020.
- "Geo TV Network". Dawn. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 21 November 2020.
- "Geo Propaganda Exposed, the guy who was shown as PTI supporter is actually a Geo employee - video Dailymotion". 16 May 2014.
- "Pakistan Suspends Geo TV's Licence for Defaming the Army and ISI". NDTV.com. Retrieved 29 November 2022.
- "TRP rankings: ARY, Bol News battle for top spot as Geo News viewership dropped in November 2022".
- "Pakistan's Geo TV Rapidly Losing Viewers and Advertisers".
- "Geo news proving they are an Indian news channel".
- "Pakistan's Geo TV Rapidly Losing Viewers and Advertisers". Retrieved 29 November 2022.
- "Geo TV Losing Viewers and Advertisers". Siasat.pk Forums (in Urdu). Retrieved 29 November 2022.
- "Rise and Fall of the Geo Network". Brandsynario.
- PEMRA suspends Geo News, Dawn (Pakistan) Dawn (newspaper), Published 20 June 2014. Retrieved 21 November 2020
- Bhatti, Haseeb (16 April 2018). "SC summons Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman to explain non-payment of salaries to Geo employees". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 21 November 2020.
- Geo News is an Urdu language channel Sky Media website, Retrieved 21 November 2020
- Official website, Geo Television Network, Homepage