This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Genghis Grill is an interactive Mongolian Stir Fry fast casual restaurant. Customers choose their own proteins, vegetables, spices, sauces and side options from a Fresh Bar which includes over 80 ingredients. The customer then passes their selection to the Grill Master who cooks their creation to perfection. Genghis Grill has over 50 locations across the nation and boasts one of the industry’s top loyalty programs, Genghis Rewards, for their frequent guests.
|Industry||Fast Casual restaurants|
|Headquarters||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Al Bhakta, Ron Parikh, Nik Bhakta, Chet Bhakta Jim Vinz|
Founded in 1998 by Dallas-based entrepreneur Jeff Sinelli, who also founded Which Wich?, the concept was bought in 2004 by The Chalak Group of Companies  who have expanded the company to over 70 locations in 19 states across the country, with plans to reach 100 locations by the end of 2011.
In 2010, Genghis Grill was ranked #3 in Fast Casual Top 100 Movers and Shakers, #5 in Restaurant Business’s Future 50, and listed in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500. Genghis Grill was ranked #812 in Inc. 5000. Genghis Grill was ranked in Top 25 Restaurants in Social Media by the Restaurant Social Media Index. In 2011, Genghis Grill’s CEO, Al Bhakta, was ranked in Nation’s Restaurant News Top 10 CEO’s to watch. In 2017 Genghis Grill acquired bd's Mongolian Grill and Flat Top Grill forming Mongolian Concepts. Mongolian Concepts, led by CEO Jim Vinz, is based in Irving, Texas.
Genghis Grill continues to be the premier create your own stir fry Mongolian Grill after more than 20 years. Genghis Grill began major remodel efforts in 2018 beginning with locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Frisco,Texas boasts the first completely remodeled Genghis Grill. This location serves as the prototype for current and future remodels.  In 2019 Genghis Grill launched Signature Bowls. Guests now have either the option of ordering bowls prepared for them by the Grill Master or creating their own bowl. In July 2019, Genghis celebrated summer with Bottomless Bowls which allowed guests the option of trying as many flavor combinations as they want. Just prior to Bottomless Bowls, Genghis Grill partnered with No Kid Hungry and raised nearly $50,000 to help fight childhood hunger. Along with efforts to fight childhood hunger, Mongolian Concepts is also committed to various other charitable efforts like Folds of Honor, an organization which helps to provide scholarships to family members of America's fallen and disabled service members.
- “Genghis Grill: Kahnquering Growth, One Bowl at a Time”. Fesmag.com. May 2, 2011. Retrieved on August 18, 2011.
- “Genghis Grill Opens First Location in Abilene - New Restaurant Brings Healthy Dining Options and More Jobs to the Abilene Market”. Your-story.org. June 24, 2011. Retrieved on August 18, 2011.
- “Genghis Grill - Ranks #2 on the Fifth Annual Fast Casual Top 100”. Hospitality Industry. February 25, 2010. Retrieved on August 18, 2011. “Genghis Grill - Ranks #2 on the Fifth Annual Fast Casual Top 100”. Hospitality Industry. February 25, 2010. Retrieved on August 18, 2011.
- “Genghis Grill milestone: 50 locations with new Houston store”. Today’s Restaurant Texas Edition. September 14, 2009. Retrieved on August 18, 2011
- “Genghis Grill - The Mongolian Stir Fry Franchise”. Entrepreneur. 2010. Retrieved on August 18, 2011.
- “Top Companies in the Dallas metro area on the Inc .5000”. Inc 5000. 2010. Retrieved on August 18, 2011
- “The Social Media 50”. MonkeyDish.com. April 1, 2010. Retrieved on August 18, 2011
- “10 restaurant execs to watch in 2011”. Nation’s Restaurant News. December 31, 2010. Retrieved on August 18, 2011.
- "Genghis Grill - Build Your Own Stir Fry". Ghengis Grill. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Genghis Grill Invites Guests to Get Creative with Bottomless Bowls". RestaurantNews.com. 2019-03-07. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Genghis Grill and No Kid Hungry Join Forces to Tackle Hunger". RestaurantNews.com. 2019-05-09. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "Genghis Grill Hosts Fundraiser to Support Families of America's Heroes". RestaurantNews.com. 2018-10-25. Retrieved 2019-08-02.