This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2006)
- The Unified Modeling Language (UML), an industry standard for modeling software-intensive systems
- EXPRESS, a data modeling language for product data, standardized as ISO 10303-11
- IDEF, a group of languages from the 1970s that aimed to be neutral, generic and reusable
- Gellish, an industry standard natural language oriented modeling language for storage and exchange of data and knowledge, published in 2005
- XML, a data modeling language now beginning to be used to model code (MetaL, Microsoft .Net )
GPM languages are in contrast with domain-specific modeling languages (DSMs).
- Model-driven engineering (MDE)