Gasoline Alley (radio)
|Running time||15 minutes. (5:45 pm–6:00 pm)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Syndicates||NBC Blue Network|
|Written by||Kane Campbell |
|Directed by||Charles Schenck |
|Original release||1931– January 7, 1949|
In February 17, 1941 the show returned on NBC Radio under the name "Gasoline Alley", with almost the same cast. Unusual at the time, it was a literal transfer of the storyline that had appeared in the comics pages that very same morning. This version ended on May 9, 1941.
The syndicated series of 1948–49 featured a cast of Bill Lipton, Mason Adams and Robert Dryden. Sponsored by Autolite, the program used opening theme music by the Polka Dots, a harmonica group. The 15-minute episodes focused on Skeezix running a gas station and garage, the Wallet and Bobble Garage, with his partner, Wilmer Bobble. In New York, this series aired on WOR from July 16, 1948 to January 7, 1949.
- John Dunning (1998-03-19). "On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio". Books.google.be. p. 279. Retrieved 2015-11-22.
- "June 14, 1931 - WALT AND SKEEZIX | Chicago Tribune Archive". Archives.chicagotribune.com. 1931-06-14. Retrieved 2015-11-22.
- Dunning, John (1998). On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio. New York: Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-507678-8.
- Glowing Dial: Gasoline Alley: "The Adventure of Jealous Jessica" (1948-49)
- Radio America: Gasoline Alley, October 29, 1948.
- Zoot Radio, free old time radio show downloads of Gasoline Alley
|This article about a radio show or program in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|