Ganpat University (GNU) is a private university in Kherva, Mehsana in the state of Gujarat, India. It is a well reputed State Private University established in 2005 through the State Legislative act no 19 of 2005, Government of Gujarat and recognized by the UGC under the section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 having campus spread over more than 300 acres of land with world class infrastructure and more than 10,000 students on campus.
|President||Shri Ganpatbhai Patel|
Ganpat Vidyanagar, Mehsana-Gozaria Highway,
The University offers Diplomas, Under Graduate, Post – Graduate and Research Programs under the Faculties of Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy, Management, Computer Applications, Sciences, Education, Humanities and Social Science and Human Potential Development. Ganpat University and the township of Ganpat Vidyanagar, a high-tech education campus is a joint initiatives; purely for philanthropy; of a large number of industrialists and technocrats, noble farmers and affluent businessmen; having a mission of “Social Upliftment through Education”
The University prides itself for several initiatives which has given the students in the state unique learning opportunities as well as brought laurel to the State also viz.,
- B. Tech. in Marine Engineering approved by Directorate General of Shipping (Ministry of Shipping), Govt. of India;
- B.Tech program in Cloud Computing and Big Data in collaboration with IBM; Only and First University in Western India
- M.Tech in Embedded Systems and VLSI Technology in collaboration with eInfochips; Only University in Gujarat
- Postgraduate Diploma in Milk Production Management with Dudhsagar Dairy;
- MBA (Banking & Finance) in association with the Mehsana Urban Cooperative Bank Ltd.;
- Programs in Financial Management and in Capital Market in association with the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.;
- MMS in Enterprise Resource Planning Systems, Business Analytics, and in Project Management in academic collaboration with Victoria University, Australia;
- Most specialised (sector/industry/technology) programs in Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Pharmacy, and Sciences;
Centres of Excellence setup in university
- India's First JIM (Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing) actively supported by the Maruti Suzuki India Limited and the Govt. of Japan.
- Bosch-Rexroth Centre of Excellence for automation technologies.
- IBM Software Lab for Emerging Technologies.
- Google Learning Centre of Excellence
The University has been among the few Universities in the State who could successfully implement industry-oriented education model with live collaborations with Industries to prepare relevant manpower for industries in the state and country as a whole. Elets – Promoter of Digital Learning Magazine in Association with UNESCO and Ministry of Minority Education, Government of India had conferred “World Education Summit Award – 2014” for Industry – Academia Category to the Ganpat University; out of more than 300 nominations.
Though having located in a rural area; in a North Gujarat region, approximately 70 km from Ahmedabad; University has set up the exemplary example of “Uplifting the Society through Education” by developing world class social infrastructure with global vision.
Achievements & AwardsEdit
- Ganpat University has been Awarded for Excellence in Placement Activities for Betterment of Education, Society and Nation by Government of Gujarat at Grand Education Fair on 2nd Feb, 2018;
- U. V. Patel College of Engineering has been awarded for Excellence in Research Activities for Betterment of Education, Society and Nation by Government of Gujarat at Grand Education Fair on 2nd Feb, 2018;
- Awarded for the category 'Best Initiative in Vocational and Skill Training' in ABP National Education Awards (8th Edition) on 6th July 2017;
- Mehsana Urban Institute of Sciences, Ganpat University got the national level recognition in the form of Flagship Award – The Most Upcoming Institute. This award has been given by Confederation Education Excellence (CEE) during the 5th Conclave on Excellence in Education with the theme “Education 2025: Students First”, New Delhi on 22nd April 2017.
- Awarded as the 'Best Educational Group (Infrastructure & Facilities)' in 8th DNA Innovative Education Excellence Awards (2016) held on 18th February 2016 at Hotel Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
- Bestowed a Diamond Award under the category ‘Best Industry-Academia Initiative by Academic Institute’ to eiTRA - Ganpat University in the 8th GESIA Annual Awards - 2015 held on 13th March 2015 at Ahmedabad as a recognition of an active association of Ganpat University with eInfochips
- Centre for Management Studies, Ganpat University (GNU-CMS) has been awarded for the category "Innovation in Building Academic and Industry Interface” in the 7th DNA Innovative B-School Awards (2015) held on 18th February 2015 at Hotel Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
- Awarded a Public Choice Award under Interface between Industry - Academia Category for the project Industry Academia Association for Preparing Industry Ready Employable Skilled Manpower and Promotion in the 4th World Education Summit - 2014 held on 07-08 August 2014 at Hotel Eros, New Delhi.
- Awarded as the 'Best Private University Overall in Western India' by ASSOCHAM (Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industry) and The Education Post in Education Excellence Awards - 2014 held on 8th December 2014 at Hotel Silver Cloud, Ahmedabad.
- S. K. Patel College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (SKPCPER) has been awarded "Education Leadership Award - 2014” in the Devang Mehta Business School Awards - 2014 held on 15th November 2014 at Hotel Taj Lands End, Mumbai.
- Official website
- U.V.Patel College of Engineering (UVPCE)
- S.K.Patel College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (SKPCPER)
- A.M.Patel Institute Of Computer Studies(AMPICS)
- V. M. Patel Institute of Management (VMPIM)
- V. M. Patel College Of Management Studies (VMPCMS)
- Mehsana Urban Institute of Sciences (MUIS)
- Department of Computer Science (DCS)
- Center for Management Studies & Research (CMSR)
- Institute of Computer Technologies (ICT)
- Institute of Technology (IOT)
- Ganpat University - IL & FS Institutes of Skills (ILFSIO)
- Gujarat Apollo Institute of Skills Enhancement (GAISE)
- Institute of Architecture (IOA)
- Institute of Design(IOD)