Gajendra is a 2004 Tamil language action film directed by Suresh Krishna. The film features Vijayakanth, Flora and Laya in lead roles. The film, produced by V. A. Durai, had musical score by Deva and was released on 26 August 2004 to negative reviews. The film is remake of Telugu blockbuster film Simhadri and was later dubbed into Hindi as Return of Khuda Gawah in 2010.
Official DVD cover
|Directed by||Suresh Krishna|
|Produced by||V. A. Durai|
|Written by||Liyakath Ali Khan (dialogues)|
|Story by||K. V. Vijayendra Prasad|
|Based on||Simhadri |
by K. V. Vijayendra Prasad
|Edited by||K. Thanigachalam|
Tamilanai Cine Creation
|22 September 2004|
Gajendra (Vijayakanth), an orphan, is adopted and grows up under Azhagarsamy's (Sarath Babu) family care. Azhagarsamy considers Gajendra like his own son. Kasthuri (Flora), Azhagarsamy's granddaughter, falls in love with Gajendra. Gajendra takes of a mentally ill girl Indhu (Laya). The rest of the story is about why he took care of her.
- Vijayakanth as Gajendra aka Andhra Gaja
- Flora as Kasthuri
- Laya as Indhu
- Sarath Babu as Azhagarsamy/ Azhagar Ayya
- Nawab Shah as Rana
- Rajat Bedi as Chotta Babu
- Seetha as Mahalakshmi
- Rajeev as Aravind
- Radha Ravi as ACP Soukath Ali
- Ramesh Khanna as Pazhaniappan
- Vinu Chakravarthy as Peedhambaram
- Nizhalgal Ravi
- Mahanadi Shankar
- M. S. Bhaskar
- Raj Kapoor
The film was shot at locations in Rameswaram, Pushkarani, Tiruchandur, Vishakhapatnam, Chennai and Hyderabad. A stint of shooting took place at the Ram temple, Hyderabad. There are five fight scenes in the film, choreographed by stunt master Rocky Rajesh. One of them was picturised in the forest areas near Thalakkonam and took 15 days to complete. Yet another fight scene was shot in the Godavari river. It took five days to shoot, in front of a huge crowd. This was the fight scene where a stunt man lost his life in the water.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||26 August 2004|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Five Star Audio|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by film composer Deva. The soundtrack, released in 26 August 2004, features 5 tracks but only two songs are placed in the film.The lyrics written by Kabilan and Pa. Vijay.
|1.||"Gaja Varanda"||Kabilan||Sri Ram||5:22|
|2.||"Unnai Paartha"||Pa. Vijay||S. P. B. Charan, Sharmila||4:38|
|3.||"Erumbu Onnu"||Pa. Vijay||Karthik, Anuradha Sriram||4:39|
|4.||"Ammavum Naane"||Pa. Vijay||Srinivas||4:43|
- "Gajendra". popcorn.oneindia.in. Archived from the original on 16 June 2009. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "BizHat.com — Gajendra Review". movies.bizhat.com. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Indiaglitz — Gajendra Tamil Movie Movie Review". indiaglitz.com. 22 September 2004. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Movie Review : Gajendra". sify.com. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "The Hindu : Entertainment / Film Review : "Gajendra"". hindu.com. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- "Gajendra - All Songs - Download or Listen Free - Saavn". 1 January 2004. Retrieved 18 November 2018.