Gaiety School of Acting
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gaiety School of Acting in Temple Bar, Dublin
Essex Street West, Temple Bar,
Organisation and locationEdit
The school runs a two-year full-time Professional Actor Training course, part-time and youth courses in locations across Dublin, as well as a Masters of Arts in Theatre Practice in association with University College Dublin.
One year part-time courses include a Performance Year and Advanced Performance Year in Acting, and a Performance Theatre Company course. Ten-week courses include Introduction to Drama, Page to Stage, Acting for Camera, Master the Media, Stand Up Comedy and Long Form Improvisation.
The school also hosts courses for international students, community and outreach schemes for Leaving Cert students, and corporate training programmes covering communication skills, leadership, and team building events.
The full time actor-training programme has produced graduate actors who have appeared in Irish theatres, in film and television nationally and internationally, and in theatres across England including The Royal Shakespeare Company and The National Theatre in London. Graduates of the school have included:
- Gaiety Theatre (unaffiliated)
- "Celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the Gaiety School of Acting, in the Smock Alley Theatre, Temple Bar". taoiseach.gov.ie. 2006. Archived from the original on 2 December 2007.
- "FAQ". gaietyschool.com. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Acting Courses - The Gaiety School of Acting". iftn.ie. Irish Film and Television Network. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Colin Farrell: 'LA is superficial, but you get that in Dublin too'". irishtimes.com. Irish Times. 30 March 2019. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Adam's Big Break". independent.ie. Independent News & Media. 2 February 2011. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Alumnus of the Month – Sarah Greene". gaietyschool.com. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Rebecca Quin". Irish Film & Television Network. Archived from the original on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2014.
- "Alumni". gaietyschool.com. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Diamond in the rough". independent.ie. Independent News & Media. 21 January 2007. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Fair City actor Karl Shiels has died, aged 47". RTE News. 16 July 2019. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
He began his career as an electrician but changed direction in the early nineties when he trained with the Gaiety School of Acting.
- "'Fish' for compliments". irishtimes.com. Irish Times. 18 October 1997. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Aidan Turner: 'It would be embarrassing if Poldark bombed'". irishtimes.com. Irish Times. 1 September 2016. Retrieved 26 September 2020.
- "Olivia Wilde: 'Colin Farrell was like God to my acting class in The Gaiety'". independent.ie. Independent News & Media. 28 October 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2020.