Gael Linn Cup 1970
The 1970 Gael Linn Cup, the most important representative competition for elite level participants in the women's team field sport of camogie, was won by Leinster, who defeated Ulster in the final, played at Carrickmacross, .
|Gael Linn Cup winners|
|Winners||Leinster (10th title)|
|Gael Linn Cup Runners-up|
UCD players, Ann Carroll who scored 2–3 and Jo Golden who played brilliantly in goal helped Leinster defeat Munster 3–5 to 1–2 at Gorey. Connacht gave a walkover to Ulster. Kilkenny's Helena O'Neill scored four goals and Dublin's Judy Doyle three and Orla Ni Siochain two as Leinster defeated Ulster by 12–2 to 4–1 in the final.
Leinster's craft, combination and experience proved too much for Ulster and, except for a slow star, and a brief period in the second half, the visitors were always in command.
- Moran, Mary (2011). A Game of Our Own: The History of Camogie. Dublin, Ireland: Cumann Camógaíochta. p. 460. 978-1-908591-00-5
- Gael Linn Cup on Camogie.ie
- Report of final in Irish Press, 26 October 1970
- Report of final in Irish Independent, 26 October 1970
- Report of final in Irish Times, 26 October 1970
- Report of final in Irish Examiner, 26 October 1970
- Report of final in Irish News, 26 October 1970