Gadsden High School (Alabama)
The school was involved in a historic case of racism against African American students in Alabama. Ten students including Jennie Patrick were discriminated against by both teachers and students after entering the school through people protesting about racial integration in schools.
- Slaton, Luke (15 November 2006). "Gadsden drawing students back with new high school". The Moulton Advertiser. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Luster, Marla (11 May 2005). "Middle schools to be renamed Emma Sansom and Litchfield". The Gadsden Times. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Jackson, Mo (1 July 2006). "High school change spurs middle school moves". The Gadsden Times. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- Jennie Patick Archived 2017-02-16 at the Wayback Machine, TheHistoryMakers, retrieved 3 March 2014
- Smith, Jessie Carney (1996). Notable Black American women (1st edition. ed.). Detroit: Gale Research. pp. 516–519. ISBN 0810391775.
|This Alabama school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|