Kutowski in 2005
|Date of birth||2 August 1965|
|Place of birth||Paderborn, West Germany|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Paderborn, Kutowski joined Borussia Dortmund in 1984 at the age of 19, arriving from local amateurs 1. FC Paderborn. He made his Bundesliga debut on 2 March 1985 in a 1–1 home draw against FC Bayern Munich, and finished his first season with 16 complete matches as the club ranked in 14th position and avoided relegation by just one point.
In eight of the following 11 years, Kutowski was an automatic first-choice for the Black and Yellow, scoring his first goal in the top division on 10 August 1985 in a 1–1 draw at 1. FC Saarbrucken. In the 1992–93 campaign he appeared in 40 official games, including eight in the team's runner-up run in the UEFA Cup.
Kutowski left Borussia in 1996, joining lower league side TuS Paderborn-Neuhaus. His last stop as a professional came in 1996–97, as he played a few matches with Rot-Weiss Essen who ultimately suffered relegation from the 2. Bundesliga; he retired altogether at 36, and subsequently became a player's agent.
- "Kutowski, Günter" (in German). kicker. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Vereine, BVB und WDR helfen Bernd Ksoll" [Teams, BVB and WDR help Bernd Ksoll] (in German). Der Westen. 16 September 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Kutowski: "Das war, ist und bleibt mein Verein"" [Kutowski: "This was, is and will be my team"] (in German). Spox. 1 October 2010. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Deutscher Supercup, 1996, Finale". dfb.de. Retrieved 5 November 2020.
- "Deutscher Supercup, 1989, Finale". dfb.de. Retrieved 9 November 2020.