Full Circle (magazine)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Full Circle is a free distribution Portable Document Format magazine that was launched in April 2007. The magazine is an independent publication and is not affiliated with Canonical Ltd., the sponsors of the Ubuntu operating system. It relies on volunteer writers for most of its editorial content.
|First issue||April 2007|
|Company||Full Circle Team|
The publication is aimed at users of the Ubuntu operating system and all its derivatives, including Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu, as well as others like Linux Mint and its derivatives. It focuses on product reviews, community news, how-to articles, programming and troubleshooting tips. The latest issue is currently available in 23 languages but that number changes depending on community members willing to translate to their native tongue. The first edition was produced in English, Estonian, Romanian, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Galician, Dutch and Indonesian.
Issue 0 of Full Circle was released in April 2007 and featured stories about Ubuntu's history, features including desktop effects and new Linux games. This first edition was 17 pages in length, in portrait format.
In December 2007, the Full Circle Podcast started. After two episodes, the podcast stopped production, due to the host unable to dedicate time to the podcast. In March 2010, the podcast was re-established by Robin Catling, along with Ed Hewitt and Dave Wilkins, with an entirely new format. Each episode, the podcast covers news, round up of the latest issue of the magazine, interviews, reviews and feedback from listeners.
The production staff consisted in 2019 of: Editor Ronnie Tucker, Webmaster Lucas Westermann, the Editorial Staff Mike Kennedy, Gord Campbell, Robert Orsino, Josh Hertel, Bert Jerred, Emily Gonyer, and Podcaster Les Pounder & Co.
- "Full Circle Magazine Issue 25" (PDF). Full Circle Magazine. May 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "Full Circle Magazine Issue 0". Full Circle Magazine. April 2007. Archived from the original on 2009-06-09. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- Ryan (May 2007). "Full Circle Magazine for Ubuntu Users". Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "Ubuntu Magazine - Full Circle". Canonical Ltd. May 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- Ubuntu on the Dell Mini 9 (March 2009). "Full Circle Magazine". Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- Full Circle Magazine (April 2007). "Issue 0". Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Issue 24". Full Circle Magazine. April 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-15.
- "Podcast". Full Circle Magazine. May 2010. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- ""Full Circle Magazine Issue 145"" (PDF). Full Circle Magazine. Retrieved 2019-06-02.