Fulk Basset (bishop of London)
Fulk Basset (died 1259) was a medieval Bishop of London.
|Bishop of London|
|Term ended||21 May 1259|
|Consecration||9 October 1244|
|Died||21 May 1259|
|Buried||25 May 1259|
Basset became Dean of York in 1239. He was elected as Bishop of London in 1241, probably in December. His election was confirmed by the archbishop on 23 January 1244 and he was consecrated on 9 October 1244. He died on 21 May 1259. His death was commemorated on 21 May 1259 and he was buried on 25 May 1259.
- Fryde, et al. Handbook of British Chronology p. 258
- Greenway Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1066-1300: Volume 1, St. Paul's, London: Bishops
- Baggs, A.P.; Crowley, D.A.; Pugh, Ralph B.; Stevenson, Janet H.; Tomlinson, Margaret (1975). Crittall, Elizabeth (ed.). "Victoria County History: Wiltshire: Vol 10 pp 119–125 – Parishes: Marden". British History Online. University of London. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- Fryde, E. B.; Greenway, D. E.; Porter, S.; Roy, I. (1996). Handbook of British Chronology (Third revised ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-56350-X.
- Greenway, Diana E. (1968). Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1066-1300: Volume 1, St. Paul's, London: Bishops. Institute of Historical Research. Retrieved 29 October 2007.