The Fujifilm GFX 50S is a mirrorless medium format camera produced by Fujifilm. It was the first camera featuring the Fujifilm G-mount. The camera was announced by Fujifilm during the photokina 2016 exhibition in Cologne, Germany, and production began at the start of 2017.The camera was available for sale from February 28, 2017.
|Released||January 19, 2017|
|Intro price||USD 6,499 (body),|
(kit not offered)
|Lens mount||Fujifilm G|
|Sensor type||CMOS with Bayer filter|
|Sensor size||43.8 mm x 32.9 mm |
|Maximum resolution||8256 x 6192|
|Film speed||100–12800 (standard) |
|Recording medium||SD, SDHC, SDXC (UHS-II)|
|Storage media||SD Card|
|Focus||Intelligent Hybrid TTL contrast detection / Phase detection|
|Focus modes||Single point, Zone, Wide/Tracking|
|Focus areas||91 focus point|
|Focus bracketing||Interval, Number of shots, 10 step|
|Exposure||TTL 256-zones metering|
|Exposure modes||Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure|
|Metering modes||Multi, Spot, Average|
|Flash synchronization||1/250 s|
|Flash bracketing||±1/3EV - ±3EV, 1/3EV|
|Compatible flashes||Dedicated TTL Flash compatible|
|Shutter||Focal Plane Shutter|
|Shutter speeds||4 s to 1/4000 s (mechanical), |
4 s to 1/6000 s (electronic)
|Continuous shooting||6 frames per second|
|Viewfinder||0.5 inches 3.69M dots OLED|
|Image processor||X-Processor Pro|
|White balance||Auto, Custom, Preset, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Underwater|
|WB bracketing||±1, ±2, ±3|
|Dynamic range bracketing||100%, 200%, 400%|
|Video recording||MP4 / MOV|
1080p up to 30 fps
|LCD screen||3.2 inches 2.36M dots |
|AV Port(s)||3.5 mm and 2.5 mm audio jack, HDMI D|
|Data Port(s)||USB 3.0, Wi-Fi 4, Bluetooth 4.2|
|Body features||Ultra Sonic Vibration Sensor Cleaning system|
|Dimensions||147.5 mm × 94.2 mm × 91.4 mm (5.81 in × 3.71 in × 3.60 in)|
|Weight||825 g (1.819 lb) |
including battery and memory card
|Predecessor||Fujifilm GFX 50R|
It is the second mirrorless medium format camera ever produced and the first one with the shutter attached to the body and not to the attached lenses (focal plane shutter).
The camera's 43.8x32.9 mm2 sensor is 1.7x larger in area than that of 35 mm, built by Sony and customised by Fujifilm. The crop factor compared to the 35 mm format as a reference is 0.79. The camera's lens mount is the Fujifilm G-mount. GFX 50S jointly won a Camera Grand Prix Japan 2017 Editors Award.
- "FUJIFILM GFX 50S / Specifications". Fujifilm. January 19, 2017.
- "Fujifilm GFX 50S Specifications". Fujifilm. January 19, 2017.
- 中判ミラーレスデジタルカメラ「FUJIFILM GFX 50S」および交換レンズ「フジノン GFレンズ」 発売日決定のお知らせ
- "Photokina 2016: Talking medium format mirrorless with Fujifilm". dpreview.com. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- "Fujifilm GFX 50S Review - Photography Life".
- The crop factor is defined as the ratio of the reference frame's diagonal (35 mm format in this case) to the diagonal of the image sensor in question (Fujifilm GFX in this case):
- "DigitalRev-Focus on photography". digitalrev.com. Archived from the original on May 29, 2017. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Camera Grand Prix 2017
- Seifert, Dan (January 23, 2019). "Fujifilm GFX 50R review: bigger isn't always best". The Verge.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fujifilm GFX 50S.|