Fujifilm GFX 50S
The Fujifilm GFX 50S is a mirrorless medium format camera produced by Fujifilm. It was announced by Fujifilm during the photokina 2016 exhibition in Cologne, Germany, and production began at the start of 2017.The camera was available for sale from February 28, 2017.
Fujifilm GFX 50S
|Type||Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm G-mount|
|Image sensor type||Bayer CMOS|
|Image sensor size||43.8 mm x 32.9 mm (medium format)|
|Image sensor maker||Sony|
|Maximum resolution||8256 x 6192 (51.4 megapixels) |
It is the second mirrorless medium format camera ever produced and the first one with the shutter attached to the body and not to the attached lenses (focal plane shutter).
The camera's 43.8x32.9 mm2 sensor is 1.7x larger in area than that of 35 mm, built by Sony and customised by Fujifilm. The crop factor compared to the 35 mm format as a reference is 0.79. The camera's lens mount is the Fujifilm G-mount. GFX 50S jointly won a Camera Grand Prix Japan 2017 Editors Award.
Fujifilm G-mount lens systemEdit
Official Fujifilm lensesEdit
Official currently available for this mount include:
- GF 1.4x TC WR teleconverter
- GF 23mm f/4 R LM WR ultra-wide prime
- GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR wide zoom
- GF 45mm f/2.8 R WR moderate wide-angle lens
- GF 50mm f/3.5 R LM WR Small & lightweight pancake lens
- GF 63mm f/2.8 R WR standard prime
- GF 100-200mm f/5.6 R LM OIS WR tele zoom
- GF 110mm f/2 R LM WR portrait lens
- GF 120mm f/4 Macro R LM OIS WR macro lens
- GF 250mm f/4 R LM OIS WR telephoto lens
Third party lensesEdit
- Kipon Iberit 75mm f/2.4 short telephoto prime lens
- Mitakon Zhongyi Speedmaster 85mm f/1.2 short telephoto prime lens
- Mitakon Zhongyi Speedmaster 65mm f/1.4 standard prime lens
- Venus Optics Laowa 17mm f/4 Ultra-Wide GFX Zero-D rectilinear ultra wide angle lens
- "FUJIFILM GFX 50S / Specifications". Fujifilm. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- 中判ミラーレスデジタルカメラ「FUJIFILM GFX 50S」および交換レンズ「フジノン GFレンズ」 発売日決定のお知らせ
- "Photokina 2016: Talking medium format mirrorless with Fujifilm". dpreview.com. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Fujifilm GFX 50S Review - Photography Life".
- The crop factor is defined as the ratio of the reference frame's diagonal (35 mm format in this case) to the diagonal of the image sensor in question (Fujifilm GFX in this case):
- "DigitalRev-Focus on photography". digitalrev.com. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- Camera Grand Prix 2017
- "Fujifilm GFX 50S Preview - PhotographyBLOG". photographyblog.com. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
- "Fujifilm announces GF250mm F4 R LM OIS WR and teleconverter for GFX system".
- "Fujifilm GF 50mm F3.5 R LM WR is smallest and lightest lens for GFX cameras". DPRreview. July 18, 2019. Retrieved 21 October 2019.
- "Mitakon Speedmaster 85mm f/1.2 for Fujifilm GFX Now Shipping".
- "Mitakon Speedmaster 65mm f/1.4 Lens Unveiled for Fujifilm GFX".
- Matthew Saville (August 2019). "Laowa 17mm Ultra-Wide Lens Arriving For Fuji GFX Medium Format - Why This is A Big Deal".
- "KIPON start to deliver 75mm 2.4 lens for Fuji G mount medium format cameras". July 24, 2019.