Friends and Love
Friends & Love...A Chuck Mangione Concert is a double album recorded live at the Eastman Theatre in Rochester, New York on May 9, 1970, and released by Mercury Records. It features Chuck Mangione on flugelhorn; the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Mangione; Don Potter; Bat McGrath; Gap Mangione; Stanley Watson; Marvin Stamm; and Gerry Niewood. Lyrics were written by Bat McGrath; orchestrations and arrangements were by Mangione. The album was nominated for a Grammy Award in 1971.
|Friends & Love|
|Live album by|
|Chuck Mangione chronology|
- "Hill Where the Lord Hides" (7:12)
- "The Feel of a Vision" (8:26)
- "Songs from the Valley of the Nightingale" (6:51)
- "And In the Beginning" (9:41)
- "Friends & Love" (24:45)
- "Friends & Love Encore" (5:52)
- Ginnell, Richard S. "Friends and Love - Chuck Mangione". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- Lyons, Leonard. (1980). The 101 best jazz albums : a history of jazz on records. W. Morrow. p. 331. ISBN 0688037208.
- Carr, Ian. (1995). Jazz : the rough guide. Rough Guides. p. 403. ISBN 1858281377.
- Billboard July 31, 1971